Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Defeated Cracked Heels with Footlogix!

Hey dears!


I'm a pretty heavy gal with small feet... well, I'm a size 6.5-7 (US shoe size), which is average, but if you compare it to my plus-size self, they look small. So just imagine my two small feet carrying such a heavy weight all day! 

I surely demand so much from my feet and they tire easily and they do get damaged, especially when I walk a lot like whenever I travel. Aside from sore muscles, I get calluses and cracked heels! My feet really deserves the right treatment and pampering.

Just a year ago I finally gave the proper attention that my feet deserves. I made sure that I get products that will help my feet look and feel better because they really looked bad. So I started applying foot lotions and treat my feet with a foot spa at home every few weeks. Fortunately, my feet looked better than it was and I was content.

But just a few weeks ago, I received a message that Footlogix Philippines was willing to send me three of their products to try. I gotta be honest, I wasn't aware of the brand, but seeing as it's a brand that specializes on foot care, I was all in! I definitely want to try some products that will further help improve the condition of my feet. 






So what's Footlogix? Here's a short description from the press release:

Footlogix® is the world’s first and only Pediceutical® foot care line offering innovative products that provide effective and transformational results on feet care.

Additional info from the website about their home-care range:

...provides fast and effective results for continuing use at home. Our unique products are lightweight, non-occlusive and easy to apply- leaving no greasy residue. Through our proprietary Dermal Infusion Technology® (DIT) active ingredients are carried into all the layers of the epidermis, helping to restore it to a healthy state.


Learning about these information made me hopeful that they can transform my dull and tired looking feet into something that it should look like—less dry, no cracks, and brighter skin!

I was able to receive three products from the brand. I provided pictures of the labels found at the back and below the photos are the product info from the press release...


CRACKED HEEL FORMULA
This formula with Dermal Infusion Technology® is proven to moisturize and effectively eliminate deep cracked skin in extremely callused heels. Contains Evening Primrose oil to improve skin structure and Urea to hydrate and lock moisture into the skin. 


DD CREAM MOUSSE FORMULA
“Double-Defense” treatment for the feet formulated with Dermal Infusion Technology®. This super hydrating, yet lightweight, unique mousse with Urea is both anti-aging and rejuvenating. It is absorbed immediately, locking moisture into the skin. Containing Spiraleen® it provides anti-microbial properties that relieve skin irritations. This rich mousse revitalizes, hydrates and smooths the skin including, but not limited to dry or sensitive skin. Great product for night care.


VERY DRY SKIN FORMULA
This formula with Dermal Infusion Technology® is proven to moisturize and restore very dry skin. Contains Urea to hydrate skin prone to dryness. Ideal for seniors and people with Diabetes.


All three are mousse types and are soooo lightweight! They feel so comfortable to use, especially when I compare it to those times that I put petroleum jelly on my feet then put on socks and leave them on while I sleep just to lock in moisture overnight. I really didn't like that feeling because it feels thick and slippery! Ugh! So I'm just relieved that these products feel great when applied. 

These products are there to help give your tired feet the proper moisture, but each targets a particular concern. 

Since I've been suffering from calluses, it's a no brainer that I'll be interested to try the Cracked Heel Formula first. I think that this one feels the most moisturizing among the three and my feet instantly feels smoother when I first used it. Although I liked it, I shifted to the DD Cream Mousse Formula a day after because I went traveling to Osaka and Kyoto for 9 days. The packaging was travel-friendly so I bought that with me. I knew that I'll be walking a lot when I travel so the claim of "double defense" for my feet is very much desirable. True enough, it really helped a lot. We walk an average of 20k steps a day (seriously, my Fitbit recorded them all!), and my feet were really hurting by the time we get to our room to rest. My feet started to get dry too, probably because of the climate and all that walking. So before I go to bed, I apply this and for some reason, there's a soothing feeling. It doesn't completely remove the tired feet, but it avoided getting dry and cracked skin. Unfortunately, my calluses got thicker. Haha! Well, can't really avoid that with all the weight my feet are carrying. However, I shifted back to the Cracked Heel Formula when I got back to the Philippines because I think that it will address my concerns better. I did a DIY foot spa to remove the calluses and just use these products to keep my feet soft and smooth.

Finally, I think the Very Dry Skin Formula is best for my mom who happens to be a senior and has Diabetes. Her feet look really dry and they also get itchy. I asked her to use this every night and she did say that it helps relieve the itchiness of her skin around the feet.

And those are my thoughts about these three products from Footlogix! If you find them interesting and want to see updates from the brand, you can check out their Facebook and Instagram!


Cheers,
DAWN

2 comments: