Monday, December 18, 2017

Maybelline Fashion Brow Mascara in Dark Brown

Hello dearies!

Whenever I watch videos by makeup artists online, I usually see them say that the brows can make or break your overall look. I agree. The way you shape, groom, and apply your brow makeup can greatly influence your face. The brows just frames your face so if it's too strong, it can be too distracting; if it's too unruly, it can make your face a bit messy. 

So I try my best to make my brows look better. To be honest, I don't have problems making the brows of others look good... But I have a hard time keeping mine look good. My brows are uneven and half of it is thick and full while the outer half is... I guess more manageable...? But I happen to know what I need to keep my brows look better—a brow mascara. And the one I'm using now is...

Maybelline Fashion Brow Mascara in Dark Brown



I bought this from BeautyMNL for PhP 174.00 from the regular price of PhP 249.00.

Info on the label:

Info from the website

Get bigger, fuller, more fashionable brows with this clump-free brow mascara! The new one-of-a-kind angle-free ball brush comb neatens and defines brows by delivering just the right amount of color for a natural look.

- Clump-free - Smudgefree - Waterproof - 24 hour long wearing - Fuller, natural brows - Suitable for all skin types

How to Use
STEP 1: Brush onto eyebrows in light upwards strokes. STEP 2: Follow along brow contour.

Ingredients
AQUA / WATER / EAU STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER ALCOHOL DENAT. BUTYLENE GLYCOL ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER ISOHEXADECANE PROPYLENE GLYCOL PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE NYLON-12 POLYSORBATE 80 STEARETH-20 SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE SORBITAN OLEATE DISODIUM EDTA PANTHENOL TETRASODIUM EDTA POTASSIUM SORBATE SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR MICA CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES CI 75470 / CARMINE CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE ] D160406/2


The packaging is a simple, black tube that you twist up to open. It's around four to five inch in length and a bit thick. The design is so-so for me. 

At the bottom there's an indicator of the shade you have...

The round shape shows the color of the mascara you have.

My shade is Dark Brown. The other two available shades are Rusty Brown (red tone) and Yellow Brown (I guess almost dirty blonde...?).


It has a ball-shape mascara wand. One side of the ball has longer bristles that I think is better for the outer end of the brows or at least that's what I use for that part of my brows so that it is easier to control because that end is thinner. It can be a bit tricky to use, especially if you have thin brow strands... but I don't have thin strands and even if I apply it in a hurry, it doesn't look like a mess. Haha! The main concern that I address when I use this is to completely color my brows while at the same time keep the strands going to the same direction.

Here's the swatch on my arm

Now here's how it performs on my brow:
Bare

With the brow mascara only

As you can see, it colors my brows pretty well, especially the dark parts. There's no clumping and I like that there are no shimmery or metallic finish that I've experienced in some brow mascaras that I've tried.

Since I do have an area on my brows that needs to be filled, I use my Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade to fill.

 Here's how my brows usually look like.

It looks tamed and easier to work with. 


I really like this product. When I bought it, I wasn't expecting to be wowed because I haven't really read reviews about the product and I was just buying it because I needed a brow mascara and this was on sale. I rarely find a brow mascara that can color my brows evenly and has the finish and color that I like. This one works great and it's even better that it is sooooo darn affordable! I'm happy and I'll surely buy again!

Have you tried the Maybelline Fashion Brow Mascara yet?


Cheers,
DAWN


4 comments:

  1. Yes I have! I've bought this 2x already. The brush could use some upgrading, but workable naman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. A good product at a great affordable price is always LOVE!

      Delete