Saturday, December 16, 2017

Let's Play For Peace With The Body Shop!

Hello dearies!

Still not done with your Christmas shopping yet?
For me, as much as I want to believe that I've bought everything I need, I still keep seeing so many great deals as well as products that would be perfect for friends and loved ones! The holidays is both a blessing and a curse for my wallet, but it's CHRISTMAS!!! I try to not worry too much on spending in a way that I am not as uptight (yes, I'm a very frugal person) on my spending.

If you're still thinking of what to buy for your loved ones (or yourself to spoil yourself this holiday season), you might want to check out the products from The Body Shop. #AmazeSomeone with their ready-made gift sets as well as their limited edition seasonal scents.




The Body Shop offers products ranging from bath products and makeup, to face care and fragrance. I've tried and reviewed some and I've loved quite a number of them. I'm sure that you'll find something worth to try or something perfect to give to your family or friends or your special person. Especially since they are having huge promos this season with selected products and gift sets. But there's something a little extra this year about their product sets that will make you like them even more.



Not only do you get to #AmazeSomeone with your gift, you also get to help Syrian children refugees as well as children in Marawi when you buy The Body Shop's seasonal gift set collection. The brand partnered with International Alert to "help children affected by war... to heal through play."

Here's the info from The Body Shop's press release found in their website:

This Christmas, we want you to forget adulting and embrace togetherness through festive fun and games. From quizzes and spinners to mazes and dice, loads of the packaging in our exciting new seasonal gift collections transforms into games for the whole family to enjoy.

By playing with us this season, you’re not only doing your bit for the planet by upcycling your packaging, you’ll also be supporting International Alert’s Peace Play Project, which helps Syrian refugee children to heal through play.

#PlayforPeace sounds great! I like the thought that The Body Shop is helping a noble cause. These children had to go through so much at such a young age and giving them something to smile about is such a big thing. And according to a letter that was given to me from the brand, they are also providing help to the children in Marawi! That's great! I love that they are also helping the kids in my own country who have suffered for months from the terror attacks in their city.

Anyway, you can check out how your purchases can help the young refugees by clicking the videos found in the International Alert's website and also by checking The Body Shop's website.

I just love everything about this project... and I think my dogs do as well! You get to buy gifts for your loved ones to make them happy (because they get to use the goodness of The Body Shop products and also play games with the packaging) and you also get to help refugee children heal through play!


Oh! Let's kind of segue for a bit and check out this giant sock from The Body Shop. I can definitely use this at Christmas parties like for playing sack race... but since I only have one, we'll just do the "fastest time wins" game.

So better check out the different gift sets and find out the exciting games each set has. There are mazes to be solved, spinners to be spun, and quizzes to be answered!

Here's an example of what you can get...

This is a gift set containing their Fuji Green Tea set.


The box looks great! I love the energetic design pattern. But when you check the bottom part of the lid, you get to see this:

It's the MAZE! And you can also see the word HOPE there too!

I also appreciate that The Body Shop's products are all cruelty-free!


And if you like to answer the exact maze, you can get the same Fuji Green Tea collection for PhP 1,495.00. It's scent is pretty mild (except for the scrub which I find the strongest in terms of scent in this set) and herbal with a hint of mint there.

While you're in the store, do check out the holiday scents from The Body Shop. They are bringing three of the seasonal scents back for us to enjoy—Frosted Berries, Frosted Plum, and Vanilla Chai.

I was sent two Frosted Berries products—

The Forsted Berries Body Butter

and The Frosted Berries Shower Gel

And even though it says the word "frosted" in its name, I always feel a warm and fuzzy feeling when I smell it. I don't know why but it just does. I'm not usually a fan of fruity scents but I really like this scent, although my favorite is still Vanilla Chai, which was first introduced last year and I fell in-love at first smell! I'm a huge fan of vanilla and tea—what's not to love???

You can also check out the other products on sale such as their makeup. One of them is their bestselling liquid lipsticks.

To be honest, I've been thinking of buying their liquid lipstick when they first launched it, but I rarely go to malls lately and I've received quite a number of liquid lippies a few months ago. BUT when The Body Shop introduced their Metal Lip Liquid, I wanted to get my hands on them! It comes in six shades that would be perfect this holiday season. I was fortunate enough to receive one from the brand. The shade I have is Pink Nickel. I will post a swatch soon! Do wait for that.

If you want to check out the price list and the rest of the gift sets and products on sale, check The Body Shop's Christmas catalog. For more updates, check out the brand's Facebook Page.


Cheers,
DAWN 



No comments:

Post a Comment