Thursday, August 31, 2017

Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner

Hello dearies!

I've been using eyeliner a lot on my upper lash line. I like to wear the dramatic, winged liner the most and I usually use liquid or gel type eyeliners. I already love the effect of liquids and gels, but I would still try pencils from time to time, even though I'm already convinced that they are better of as liner for my lower lash line because my lids are just too darn oily! Haha!

The most recent pencil type liner I got is the...

Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner
I got this from a set I bought on sale at Beauty Bar. It was included in the Smashbox On The Rocks Eye Essentials. Got it for PhP 1,017.50. Original price was PhP 1,850.00.


Info from the website:

On a photo shoot, the crew can't wait around while makeup artists sharpen their pencils. That's why we developed this award-winning kohl eye liner, which self-sharpens automatically every time you twist off the cap. The high-impact, waterproof formula is packed with pigment. It's a precise pencil liner that performs like a liquid. Save time—and keep your eye makeup look totally on point!
TIPS: Want an even more intense eye look? Don't forget to line the inner rim for major definition! One tiwst of the cap will do it. No need to over twist to sharpen!
  • BENEFIT: Precise, waterproof, & non-flaking
  • Hyper-pigmented kohl for color-rich results
  • Can be used on inner rim
  • USAGE: One twist of the cap sharpens the liner so your eyes are always on-point!
  • INGREDIENTS: Formulated without Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Phthalates, Fragrance & Talc.

    INGREDIENTS: ISODODECANE , SYNTHETIC WAX , PENTAERYTHRITYL STEARATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/ADIPATE , HYDROGENATED POLYDICYCLOPENTADIENE , ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE COPOLYMER , 

It's available in eight shades according to the website. The one I have is Raven and it's the black shade.

So what makes this different from other liners is that it's always sharp! Well, it really makes a difference when you use a sharp liner, especially for winged lines/cat eye looks, which I absolutely love to wear. 


It also claims to be very pigmented and easy to use because you only have to twist it up!


And here's what it looks like:


As you can see, it really is pigmented and it glides pretty smoothly. However, I have to go back and forth to create a solid color because you can still see some of the lines on my skin exposed. Fortunately, I don't have lines that deep on my eyes so I don't have to do that on my lids!

Now to test how well it performs...

Smudged a couple of times

Rubbed several times while dry

Smudged with water

Rubbed while wet

While it was dry, the line didn't move much. I was quite impressed! Even when it was smudged while wet, the swatch was not completely removed.

On the lids, I applied it smoothly but there were occasions that I had to go back to keep the line solid. The wing was harder to create compared to liquids but I think the one I made was clean enough.

I like that it was matte, but I wish it was blacker. My brow hair is still darker than this. Haha!

Unfortunately, the natural oils on my lids still made the liner smudge all over. *sigh* I guess I can't wear this as my go-to for applying my winged liner. Oh well. 

It does help if I apply an eye primer + powder shadows, but I think I'll stick to liquids and gel liners and use this for the lower lash line instead.

Any thoughts on the  Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner? Any recommendations? Comment below!



Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment