Saturday, April 29, 2017

Review : Pink Sugar Our Lil Secret Concealer in Light Medium

Hello everyone!

Many of you are probably enjoying the summer by going to trips and swimming at the beach. As much as I want to also enjoy the summer, my skin just does not. Having oily skin in this heat would result to breakouts! The heat makes me sweaty and oily faster and even the air feels stickier! I just never liked this season.

And because of all the breakouts, this is the time I use a concealer more often than normal. One of the products I currently have is...

Pink Sugar Our Lil Secret Concealer in Light Medium
PhP 299.00

It comes in four shades (from lightest to darkest: Light, Light Medium, Medium, Medium Deep).

Before I proceed with my review, here's the info from the labels:

Info from BeautyMNL's website:


CLAIM TO FAME: A creamy concealer that covers blemishes and other imperfections with ease

FAST FACTS: Delivers long-lasting full coverage; soothes and calms inflamed skin with cucumber fruit and chamomile extracts; nourishes with aloe vera and vitamins A, C, and E; applies smoothly and blends silkily

PERFECT FOR: Spot-free makeup coverage


How to Use: Apply under the eye or on other uneven spots on the face, blend well

About the brand: Pink Sugar is brand-new local beauty brand for Pinays of all ages. If you’re fierce, fun, and quality-conscious but on a tight budget, we dare you not to fall in love with this entire line. Marked by catchy names and creative packaging, each product provides good-for-you benefits in a wide selection of wearable colors curated by makeup experts to complement Filipina skin. Pink Sugar products are free of parabens and not tested on animals.


The concealer's packaging is just okay. I do like the fonts, but I find the design too dull. I know that they chose the beige color because it's close to skin tone and it is concealer... but it just doesn't catch my fancy. 

I do appreciate that it is in a squeezable tube. I don't have to dip my finger in a pot just like most cream concealers I've tried. It's easy to control the amount it dispenses. The thing that concerns me though is that it would be difficult to get the remaining product once I've used up most of it. It seems like I would have to cut the tube up. 


I can't really say much about the claims on the vitamins, but for the couple of months I've been using this, I have not encountered any irritations.

Here's the product. I like that it has a warm tone which compliments my skin.

Here's how it looks when smudged.

And when blended.

One thing that comes into my mind is the word THICK! It's coverage is thick and heavy. Check them out below...

(I used only a little bit of product here)

On my zit

As you can see, it covered the dark areas with ease, even the redness of the pimple! What I did notice is that it sets pretty quickly and if you have dry and flaky areas, it will surely make it more visible. I also noticed that too much of this product makes it too caky. I have a lot of dark scars around my jawline and I need a lot of concealing there. By the end of the day, when I get oily and sweaty, the product is still there but I can see some caky patches on the areas I applied the product on. 

I also think that it's too thick for the under eyes. It makes the area looks so dry.

I would recommend you use a concealer brush and blend really fast or use a beauty blender which can help create a better application and give you more time before the product sets.

To summarize...

What I LIKE:
- Local brand
- High coverage and buildable
- Easy, squeezable tube
- Affordable
- Long-lasting
- The shade Light Medium is close to my face's skin color
- Didn't encounter irritations
- Available in 4 shades that suits Pinoy skin 

What I DON'T LIKE:
- Challenging to blend
- Cakes easily when you apply too much on an area
- The design is too dull for me
- Emphasizes dry areas of the skin

Would I buy again? Right now I am leaning to no because I want to try other products. As much as I appreciate high coverage concealers, I do not like the caky part because I do have a lot to conceal and this cakes on those areas. But I would still recommend it if you only need to hide a few scars or zits.

And that is my review of the Pink Sugar Our Lil Secret Concealer in Light Medium!


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment