Wednesday, April 27, 2016

No More Dry Skin with the Healing Power of Vaseline Body Lotion

Hello loves!

Are you dealing with dry skin? How do you usually deal with it? 

My face has oily skin so with just the right skincare, especially moisturizer, I rarely encounter skin drying on that area. For the body, unfortunately, I do encounter some dryness, mostly on my elbows, knees, and feet. I've experienced this way back when I was a kid and my mom would advise me to apply some petroleum jelly on the dry areas for intensive moisture. When the heels of my feet get cracks, I would apply petroleum jelly and wear socks overnight to keep the product on my feet and not transfer on the bed sheets when I sleep. The next day, the cracks lessened! 

So yeah, I have been a witness to the moisturizing properties of petroleum jelly so when I saw the package that arrived in our mail yesterday, I smiled. Why? Well, it is a kit containing Vaseline's Petroleum Jelly and Lotions. It's always good to receive things that you will surely use, right?


Not only that, it contained this very interesting experiment using the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly! This experiment highlights the healing power of the petroleum jelly. It's actually very fascinating... Check out the video below to learn more:


As seen in the video, they coated leaves with the petroleum jelly and left them outside during the hottest days of our country. It's actually quite amazing how the leaves with the product retain its color and moisture for so long! I didn't see the actual billboard which was along C5 last April 8-10 since I don't usually pass by that area...


BUT I get to have a closer look of this experiment because along with the kit were leaves with and without petroleum jelly! 


THESE ARE REAL LEAVES, GUYS!!!

The leaves may appear darker but it's probably because it was inside the box for so long and without sunlight, but moisture-wise, I'm amazed. I'll be checking these leaves for the next few days to see how long the ones with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly would stay green.


Not only does it retain and provide moisture, it also protects and help heal minor cuts and burns! It really is a wonder product. 



I actually got goosebumps when I read the part on the video where it stated, "If Vaseline can keep a leaf vibrant, imagine what it could do to dry skin."


And the good news doesn't stop there! See those lotions beside the petroleum jelly? What if I told you that they too have petroleum jelly infused in them??

Here are parts of the press release to learn more about this great fusion:


Did you know that tropical weather can actually dehydrate your skin? Unbeknownst to many, living in an environment with a hot and humid climate does not mean that one’s skin will not turn dry. Every day, skin is exposed to factors that can damage and dry it out. From hot showers, air-conditioned rooms, to the heat and pollution during one’s daily commute, skin is stripped off of its natural hydration and moisture. 

To address this, Vaseline aims to make it easy for Filipinas to replenish their skin’s moisture by infusing what is known as a wonder ingredient into their NEW Vaseline body lotions.



In 1859, New York-based chemist Robert A. Chesebrough created a wonder jelly, a do-it-all product that can heal burns, rashes, chapped skin, cuts, bruises, and more. A few years later, this wonder jelly was labeled Petroleum Jelly, which is now an important staple in all households because of its healing properties and outstanding skin benefits, and which is also the very ingredient that is now present in New Vaseline body lotions. Heal dry skin from within with Vaseline Lotions.



The new Vaseline Lotions now has micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly that works deep from within the epidermis to bring back lost moisture and heal dry skin. To know the condition of your skin, take the Dry Skin Test on http://www.vaseline.ph/skin-index-test

I've actually tried the test and got this result:

Good thing I now have Vaseline Lotions to try. I'll use them both and see which variant I like better, although I'm leaning to the Intensive Care one since I'm not much into getting my skin lighter. And I like the scent of it more too. ;)

The lotions are pretty affordable too! Here's the list of prices:

100ml- PhP 69.30
200ml- PhP 126.00
400ml- PhP 225.00

I've actually used both (Intensive Care last night and the Healthy White this morning) and in case you are wondering, both of them are quite lightweight on skin! None of the thick layer that some might dislike when applying petroleum jelly. It sets and gets absorbed by the skin pretty quickly. My skin feels refreshed just a few seconds after applying. I'll continue using the Intensive Care variant from now on and will update this post about my thoughts after finishing the bottle, ayt?



So do check out these lotions at leading supermarkets and department stores nationwide and discover the healing power of Vaseline with me with the petroleum Jelly-infused Vaseline lotions and say hello to well-hydrated skin!


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment