Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Burt's Bees Radiance Skincare with Royal Jelly (Night Cream and Eye Cream)

Hey dears!

Last December, my skin's condition was like a roller coaster. I'm not sure if it was because of the cooler weather, if it was dryer than usual, or something, but my skin feels dry and sometimes itchy even though I have oily skin. When I wear makeup, my foundation gets cakey even though the products I used were the usuals that worked great on me. I was really confused on what was going on.

One afternoon, a package arrived containing these...

Burt's Bees Radiance Skincare with Royal Jelly Night Cream and Eye Cream


It was sort of a Christmas gift from the brand to selected bloggers to highlight their gift sets as well as to promote these products (and yes, this post is my review). I was running out of the eye cream I was using before so I thought that the timing was just perfect.



Since these two came from the same range, I wanted to use the eye cream along with the night cream. The skin care range it was from features the ingredient Royal Jelly. It's something that I've seen in various skin care products. I did some googling and found out that this ingredient came from the secretion of bees and that it can help the skin by increasing the moisture content of the skin which in turn helps treat dry, damaged skin, and it also promotes skin growth. I read this from beepollenbuzz.com, so just check them out for more info. :)

I've been using these products for 3 months now and I'm already more than halfway to finishing the whole tub of the night cream. I'll share with you my thoughts on each product below. :)

Burt's Bees Radiance Night Cream with Royal Jelly

This costs PhP 1,450.00.

The product info is on the packaging labels below:


More info from the website:

Discover our best natural nighttime moisturizer for dull skin needing a youthful glow. Infused with Royal Jelly, one of nature’s most powerful nutrients, this night cream helps enhance the skin’s natural radiance and helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Formulated with Bee Pollen and Shea Butter, your skin will look and feel more moisturized and smoother for naturally radiant, younger-looking skin.

Dermatologist-tested
Helps enhance the skin’s radiance and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Formulated with Bee Pollen and Shea Butter to help moisturize for skin that feels smoother and looks younger
Infused with Royal Jelly, one of nature’s most powerful nutrients

How to Use
Use in the evening after cleansing. Gently smooth over face and neck for naturally radiant skin.

Royal Jelly —
Imagine 134 nutrients in just one little drop. That's what you get with Royal Jelly, another gift from our fantastic friends: the bees. A regal prescription of 17 Amino Acids, Vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, C and E, along with Biotin, Niacin and Folic Acids.

Ingredients: aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, sucrose stearate, parfum (fragrance), kaolin, royal jelly, lecithin, prunus serotina (wild cherry) bark extractaloe barbadensis leaf extract, hydrolyzed jojoba esters, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, jojoba esters, pollen extract, mentha viridis (spearmint) extract, betula alba bark extract citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel extract, arctium lappa root extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, equisetum hiemale extract euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, pinus strobus cone extract, rosa canina fruit extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, alcohol denat., glycine soja (soybean) oil, sucrose polystearate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, amyl cin



The packaging is pretty good. I like the clear glass jar and the white cap. It looks very clean, which is something I prefer for my skincare because it gives that professional look and I take my skin care products more seriously nowadays so having that look or image kinda helps in the convincing factor part. Haha! Since this is in a tub, you might need a spatula to get the product out, or else, you might have to use your fingers which may not be very hygienic... just keep your spatula and fingers clean. :P


The scent is like a mixture of sweet honey and some kind of floral? I can't find a specific description of it, but I like the scent. It's a bit stronger than my usual skin care products but it still smells good so I don't mind. 


The consistency is creamy but not very thick. Like buttery but not very greasy. It's easy to apply over the face. It's non-sticky but the product stays a while on the face. I can feel the buttery texture even after 10-15 minutes have passed. It doesn't really bother me because it doesn't feel heavy and I rarely touch my face anyway.

Since I've used this, I didn't encounter breakouts nor irritations. I use this every evening after I cleanse, tone, and apply some of my acne treatments. A little goes a long way and you need to massage it for a few seconds. My skin felt softer and firmer after a few days of using and my foundations getting cakey lessened! I really felt an improvement especially during the dryer days last Decemeber-January. 

Now let's move on to the next product, the eye cream!
Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

This also costs PhP 1,450.00.

These are the labels from the packaging:

And more info from the website:

Our natural eye cream is specially formulated with Royal Jelly, one of nature's most powerful nutrients, to help enhance skin’s natural radiance and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for skin that appears younger-looking. This formula also contains Chamomile and Cucumber, which are known for their soothing and calming effect on the skin. Natural Mica diffuses light to help minimize the look of fine lines around the eyes, providing you our best eye cream for dull skin needing a youthful glow.

Dermatologist-tested
Helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Formulated with Chamomile and Cucumber, which are known for their soothing and calming effect on the skin
Natural Mica diffuses light to help minimize the look of fine lines

How to Use
Use in the morning and evening. Place small dots around the eye area and gently smooth in for naturally radiant skin.

Featured Ingredient:
Royal Jelly —
Very nourishing, Royal Jelly is made of nectar, pollen, flower parts, vitamins, minerals, and other natural ingredients. It is a very precious, mysterious substance that honeybees produce for the queen bee.

Ingredients: water, glycerin, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, lanolin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, fragrance*, coco-glucoside, royal jelly, prunus serotina (wild cherry) bark extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, pollen extract, mentha viridis (spearmint) extract, betula alba bark extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel extract, arctium lappa root extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, equisetum hiemale extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, pinus strobus cone extract, rosa canina fruit extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, tocopherol, silica, citric acid, titanium dioxide, mica, tin oxide, xanthan gum, glycine soja (soybean) oil, alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool. *natural fragrance


The packaging is pretty much the same but this is a smaller one since it is carrying 14g only. It doesn't have that label on the side so you only get to read what it is either from the box or at the bottom of the tub.


The fragrance is pretty much the same except this one is fainter and smells cleaner and cooler. The consistency is thicker than the night cream. 


A little goes a long, long way with this one. I'm not even near half way on the eye cream compared to the night cream which I've used more than half of the 55g product. Whenever I have this on, the skin around my eyes feel firmer and when I wake up in the morning, the skin around my eyes feel softer and I can't remember having puffy eyes since I've used this. 

All in all, I think both night cream and eye cream did a pretty good job hydrating my skin. The caking of makeup stopped and my face don't feel itchy. The only thing that I wish these products would improve is the part where these are just a little bit greasy like butter. But like I said, I don't really mind that part. :)

And that's it for my sort of short review of the Burt's Bees Radiance Skincare Night Cream and Eye Cream with Royal Jelly! Have you used any of these before? What about other products from the brand?


Cheers,
DAWN





2 comments:

  1. It's good that your skin didn't react badly! I myself am always careful about introducing new skincare even if it's just eye cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I also try to do do a sensitivity test thing. In fairness to Burt's Bees, my skin never got irritated with their products and I've used quite a number of items from them. :)

      Delete