Wednesday, March 02, 2016

NYX Butter Gloss in Devil's Food Cake

Hey dears!

My friend Rica sent us four shades of NYX's Butter Glosses. Liz and I shared and got two shades each. One of the Butter Gloss shades I received is this...

NYX Butter Gloss in Devil's Food Cake


Devil's Food Cake is just one shade from the 34 available shades of butter glosses from NYX.

It's my first butter gloss so just so we are clear, here's the info about the product from the labels...





So yeah... the labels are barely readable. I wish the designers of the product's packaging considered this. Oh well... So I'll just paste some info from the website instead:

Buttery soft and silky smooth, our decadent Butter Gloss is now available in 12 more sumptuous shades! Each glossy color delivers sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky, leaving your lips soft, supple and kissable.

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.
 


All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).


I've been fond of wearing dark lippie shades lately so I really had to convince Liz to let me have this shade. Haha! And I'm glad that she let me have it. :P


The shade is dark but still very wearable. Check out the swatches below.




It made my lips look plumper and the gloss made my lips look healthier and... well, hydrated! The formula is not greasy nor sticky so I really like it. The pigmentation of the dark mulberry shade is pretty good and the smell is sooooo awesome. It really smells like pastry! Yum (it doesn't taste like that though... it's flavorless)! 

This is currently one of the lippies I often use nowadays while the whether is still cool here in the Philippines. 

So what do you think of the NYX Butter Gloss in Devil's Food Cake? 


Cheers,
DAWN

2 comments:

  1. such a beautiful color on you!! even though it's dark and dramatic it still looks so classic.

    ReplyDelete