Monday, May 11, 2015

Review : Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

Hello loves!

Are you enjoying summer so far? I haven't. LOL

My classes in grad school just finished so it is only now that I can start planning some exciting activities... although I can't do much since I still got office work every weekdays. Anyway, I'm not really a summer person. I don't like outdoor activities, especially the intense heat and sun during this season. I absolutely do not like going out at all. Not only will I get all sweaty and melted makeup, the sun will also damage my skin big time. And that is why wearing sunscreen with high SPF and PA is a must!

I always wear sunscreen but I make sure that I wear a minimum of SPF50 nowadays because of the intense sun even if I'm just at the office. The one I'm currently using is this...

Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence
Php 420.00


I received this as a gift from the brand. I'm so happy that Bioré has arrived to Philippine shores because I became an instant fan of their sunscreens when I first tried their face milk  two years ago.


But the one I'll be sharing a review of is a different version. It is water-based which I think complements my oily skin better.


What made me excited to try this besides being water-based is that it promises to be as light as water. Since the heat of the summer makes me sweat a lot, I don't like that I feel sticky with all the product I apply to my face so a sunscreen with a lighter consistency might help avoid the icky feeling from happening.

Actually, Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence promises more exciting benefits. Read the labels of the packaging below to find out what they are:


So it's light on skin, gentle and allergy tested, and also acts as your moisturizer! Awesome! This contains unique aqua micro capsules that release moisture when applied. It contains hyaluronic acid which is known to be an anti-aging ingredient because it can retain over a thousand times it weight in water within the cells of the skin. Interesting, right? 


The product is housed in a tube which I find very easy to use. It's easy to squeeze out the product and you can control the amount you get. I like that it doesn't leak on the cap too. The design is very simple and clean. I prefer products that look classier but a clean design is perhaps a good thing when it comes to skincare products.


Here's what the product looks like. A translucent gel-like substance at first but when you spread it on skin, it feels like water. You can immediately feel a cooling sensation which will last a few seconds and then you just feel that the product has been absorbed by the skin. The milky translucent colors becomes colorless when spread out. It doesn't leave your skin looking whiter like some sunscreens. I really, really appreciate that quality since I don't like my face looking whiter than what it normally looks. Spreading it evenly on skin is much easier because it's not creamy and greasy at all. And also, the scent is barely noticeable.

Does it feel light on skin? It absolutely does! It feels like you're not wearing anything at all! Did I experience any skin irritation? Nope! It is very gentle. Does it hydrate the skin? I think it gives decent amount of moisture. I already have oily skin though, it might not be enough for those with dry skin. Better to add a stronger moisturizer underneath if you need more hydration. Finally, does it provide enough protection? I believe it does! I walk back and forth across the UST field during the noon sun for the past couple of days and my skin didn't get tanner, it didn't get red from the sun damage... so yeah, I think it did its job very well. 


What I LIKE:

- Provides SPF50 and PA+++
- Affordable
- Locally available
- Easy to use packaging
- Feels light on skin
- Provides hydration
- Gentle and allergy tested
- Gives a bit of a cooling sensation upon application
- Doesn't make the skin white

What I DON'T LIKE:

- Well, it's not really a con since they don't promise this but this is not waterproof nor water resistant so if you sweat a lot, you might have to reapply more frequently. I guess this is also not a go-to product if you will go swimming.


Would I repurchase? Absolutely. I really like how light it feels and this is my current everyday sunscreen! :D I definitely recommend this!

 Anyway, if you're interested to know more info and get updates from Bioré, check out their...

Biorè UV is available in these stores initially! 

Watsons:
Mall of Asia Mall 2, Mall of Asia 3, Watsons SM Aura Premier Mall, Watsons SM North Edsa Main, Watsons SM Tarlac, Watsons SM Sta. Mesa, Watsons SM Southmall, Watsons SM Manila DS, Watsons SM San Lazaro, Watsons SM Cebu 1, Watsons Ayala Center Cebu
Unimart: Greenhills
Rustans Supermarket:
Shangrila, Rockwell, Makati, Ayala Center Cebu, Centrio Cagayan De Oro
Robinsons Supermarket:
Galleria, Magnolia
PCX Personal Collection:
Rockwell, Greenbelt 3, Alabang Town Center, Ermita
Makati Supermarket:
Landmark:
Landmark Supermarket – Makati, Landmark DS Makati, Landmark Supermarket – Trinoma, Landmark DS Trinoma


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. Fun fact: Hyaluronic Acid is good for the joints and it's a carbohydrate :D
    I'm currently studying for my BioOrgChem finals tomorrow :D Naloloka na ako. Anyway, we still have 3 days of classes left and I got so so so tan because of the sun! I swear, yesterday, my family keeps on pointing out my tan lines XD And my mom told me to always use an umbrella to prevent freckles even if I apply sunblock everyday. My sunblock is gel type but it's oily! It wasn't like that when I tested it on my hand in the store but oh well, I need to finish that before I get a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! Thanks for the fun fact! :D I'm always indoors so there's no changes in my skin color... I want my legs to get tanner though. :P

      I still have a week to finish some artworks which will be exhibited in CFAD. Ugh. Good luck to us!

      Delete
  2. Looks pretty good! I have a lot of "cream" type sunblocks and I much prefer gel/water based ones on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use cream types but gel/water ones feel better. They are lighter and they feel more refreshing when applied. :D

      Delete