Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Hey guys!

My sister sent me these awesome exfoliating treatment that I can try from Kate Somerville. I've been seeing so many adds about this brand on Facebook and I haven't had the chance to try any products from them before my sister sent me this.


These are sample sachets and she recommends that I try them out. She really liked them and she thinks that I might like them too. 

I trust my sister when it comes to skincare recommendations. We have almost the same skin type—oily and acne-prone. She likes to try out products and recommends the good ones. I can't try them all though because most of her current purchases are $$$$$ pricey! Haha! :P

Anyway, I'll share with you my thoughts on this product. But first, check out what this product is all about from the labels:

And here's the info from the website:

Exfoliate and polish skin with ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment to reveal a glowing, fresh-from-the-Clinic complexion. Scrubbing Exfoliants are designed to deep clean pores while Fruit Enzymes help to clarify and renew skin, balancing hydration, without over-drying. See dramatically smoother, brighter, healthier-looking skin after just 1 use.
  • Papaya, Pineapple, and Pumpkin Enzymes are formulated to naturally exfoliate dead skin cells, without over-drying
  • Lactic Acid acts as a natural AHA skin exfoliator
  • Rosewood and Cinnamon Extracts stimulate micro-circulation
  • Honey and Vitamin E smooth and soften skin
  • Aloe Vera helps soothe skin
  • Vitamin A and C provide Antioxidant benefits
  • Soy-Lipid replenishes skin’s natural barrier function
  • Clinical Results

    In a Clinical Study after just 1 use:
    • Subjects showed a dramatic improvement in skin texture
    • Subjects showed up to 75% reduction in skin roughness
    • Subjects showed up to a 75% brighter complexion
    Results based on a visual evaluation of 20 subjects by an expert grader
    In a Consumer Use Study after just 1 use:
    • 88% of women reported smooth skin and improved texture
    • 84% of women reported softer skin
    • 72% of women reported a reduction in skin roughness and improved complexion
    Results based on an independent Clinical Study
    Clinical results1 include:
    • 75% reduction in skin roughness
    • 75% decrease in skin dullness
    • 88% of users said they had smoother skin and improved texture
    Results based on a visual evaluation of 20 subjects by an expert grader.

    Ingredients

    Water/Aqua/Eau, Lactic Acid, Polyethylene, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pectin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit, Lactobacillus Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dehydroxanthan Gum, PEG-100 Stearate, Salicylic Acid, SD Alcohol 40-B, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Sorbic Acid, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Honey (Mel), Acetic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bromelain, Papain, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Cinnamal, Beta-Carotene (CI 75130), Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex (CI 75810)
  • How To Use

    AM or PM. Use once or twice a week. Apply a thin, even layer to a clean, wet face, massaging in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Leave on for up to 2 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and gently pat dry.
    PRECAUTIONS: This product increases circulation, which may cause the skin to flush slightly for a short time. For sensitive skin, leave on for less than one minute, or use ExfoliKate® Gentle instead.

    Kate's Tips

    When you use ExfoliKate® in the shower, the steam will help to activate the enzymes, making it even more effective.



So I use this as instructed. I can't use the whole sample in one usage, maybe the 2ml sachet can last for 2-3 usages.


It smells ummm... herby? But the scent doesn't bother me. It looks like this slimy green thing but it has these super fine scrubs. When you massage it on the skin, the scrub is not too harsh but you can feel the gritty beads that help exfoliate the surface and dry areas of the face. 

This is really effective in brightening and exfoliating my face! I can immediately feel my skin getting smoother after rinsing it off. I was amazed the first time I used it. There's a precaution that it can cause a flush on skin but I didn't get any of that, just soft and smooth skin. No irritations whatsoever!

I'm so happy my sister got me some samples. I really love the result that this product gave to my skin. My problem now is how the heck can I get my hands on a full-size product? It's just too expensive for my budget... but I guess a good skincare product is worth investing.

What do you think? Would you splurge for a good great exfoliator/mask?


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. I'm really looking for a good scrub. My guy has one and it's great, I've also been using it but he bought it when he was in US so, I can't really repurchase the product here in the Philippines. But this seems nice. Great job for the review. How much is it and where can I buy?

    Stay Wonderful Always,
    Heide
    Kintsugi of Life

    PS. I have my very first giveaway on my blog. Hope you can join.
    JOIN MY GIVEAWAY!!!
    JOIN MY GIVEAWAY!!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where you can buy this in the Philippines since my sister got me this from Australia. :(

      Delete
  2. I've used this before and it's CRAZY how stinging it is on me. I'm surprised you didn't feel any kind of irritation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... It wasn't. I guess it varies per person's skin? My sister said she felt a little stinging sensation but my brother didn't feel any also.

      Delete