Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Too Cool For School Glam Rock Smoky Nude Lip Color in Pale Beige

Hey dears!

Do you like rocking the smoky eye makeup? If you do, then I bet you have a pale nude lippie lying around somewhere or at least you plan on buying one because intense eyes plus nude lips is a perfect combination! 

Here's one lippie you can check out from Too Cool For School:

Too Cool For School Glam Rock Smoky Nude Lip Color in Pale Beige
Php 715.00

I've actually blogged about another shade of this lipstick range. You can see it here.


The shade I have now is Pale Beige which is lighter than most of the lipsticks I have now in my stash. 


This lipstick is something that I don't think I can wear in an everyday basis because it's too pale. UNLESS I rock intense eye makeup most of the time. :P But why not, right?


Anyway, here's the product info from the press release that TCFS sent me before:

GLAM ROCK SMOKY NUDY LIP COLOR

Have soft, nude lips that show off your dark, smoky makeup! These natural, nude shade of lippies softly glide onto the lips with one application. It is smoothly osculated without being glossy or oily. It is available in two nudy shades:
·       # 1 Pale Beige
·       # 2 Satin Beige


The packaging is still as cool as ever. I love TCFS product's packaging as always. They all look so edgy, very different from the girly and cute looks of other Korean cosmetic brands.

So here's the lipstick

A swatch on my hand

On my lips

And that's how it looks on me.


It's almost the color of my skin but with more pink tones. I think I should have gone with a darker smoky eye look... but I was on my way to the office and I didn't want to look like I was going to a club or something. Haha!

I love the pigmentation and it's texture. It's creamy but not buttery creamy. I frequently experience the buttery texture from Korean lipsticks that make the dry areas of your lips more visible. But this one does not do that and I really appreciate that. 

The staying power is just okay. Much like any other lipstick, meaning it stayed on my lips around 4 hours unless I eat or drink something. This lipstick didn't cause any drying on my lips although sometimes, I do get some of the lippie stuck on the lines of my lips. Just apply it neatly on the lips, place a thin tissue, then dab some translucent powder. It will prolong the staying power and avoid the product from getting stuck on the lines of the lips.

So overall, this is a lippie I would recommend for those who love the intense eye look and who just loves pale, nude lipsticks. It has a wonderful consistency and a lovely shade. Do check it out when you visit a TCFS branch!


Cheers,
DAWN


8 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this one out! The shade looks similar to my SkinFood lip gloss. :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, natural, nudy colour! ^ w ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great but I find it a bit too pale pink in tone for me! I would probably add a bit more pink or brown to custom it! But I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I do add some more color especially if I don't want to go all out black smoky. Usually I like using this as base when I want to do a gradient lips.

      Delete
  4. I am in search of good beige lipstick with brown undertones :) This one looks good on you but too pale for me ~~ Do you have any suggestions ?
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I think I've seen a matte one from Ever Bilena and I found the shade really nice. There are also some from NYX's round lipstick line but I forget the name of the shades. :(

      Delete