Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Review : Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit in Honey Beige W24

Hey loves!

It's BB Cream review time!

A few weeks ago, I was sent this BB Cream from Etude House, PH. I'm not a stranger to this BB because my officemate actually uses the exact same variant of the Precious Mineral line. What she loves about this particular BB, which I totally agree with, is that the shade Honey Beige is very suitable to most Filipina skin. You'll see why on the swatches later on.

Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit 
This costs Php 848.00.


Let's get to know what the product promises from the labels on the packaging:


And here are additional info from the EH global website:

Etude House Precious Mineral Blooming Fit BB Cream provides skin with a clearer and healthier appearance throughout the day. It offers great benefits like UV protection, anti-aging, and whitening. Seaweed extract hydrates the face and effectively controls oil, while also promoting skin strength. This BB cream contains more pearl extract than any other, which creates a beautifully brightened complexion.

Directions: Take an appropriate amount and apply a small dab to your cheeks, forehead, and chin. With the tips of your fingers spread bb cream evenly throughout your face. To avoid bb cream from caking, let sit for 5 minutes before building bb cream up for more coverage, and before apply any loose powders to set it with.

Benefits:
Brightens
Oil Control
Hydrates
Whitens
Anti-Aging
UV Protection

The BB Cream that I have is in Honey Beige. It's also available in two other shades—Light Beige and Natural Beige.

Blooming Fit W13:
WATER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (Ci 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLY (C6-14 OLEFIN), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE (Ci 77947), BORON NITRIDE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, POLYBUTENE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, HEXYL LAURATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ADENOSINE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, MOTHER OF PEARL, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES JUICE, ALCOHOL, IRON OXIDES (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499), FRAGRANCE 
Blooming Fit W24:
WATER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (Ci 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLY (C6-14 OLEFIN), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE (Ci 77947), POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, BORON NITRIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, POLYBUTENE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, HEXYL LAURATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ADENOSINE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, MOTHER OF PEARL, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES JUICE, ALCOHOL, IRON OXIDES (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499), FRAGRANCE
Blooming Fit NO2: 
WATER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (Ci 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLY (C6-14 OLEFIN), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE (Ci 77947), BORON NITRIDE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, POLYBUTENE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, HEXYL LAURATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ADENOSINE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, MOTHER OF PEARL, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES JUICE, ALCOHOL, IRON OXIDES (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499), FRAGRANCE

The packaging of this BB Cream looks very simple but very pretty. I love the soft pink color and the feminine fonts and ornaments used for the design. I like that it's in a pump because it is more hygienic—you don't have to expose the cream because you don't have to open it. I also like that it's in a squeezable tube form so that when I'm almost done with the product, I can squeeze out the remaining cream inside the tube easily.

This is how the BB cream looks on my hand.

See what I meant about how it would look great on Filipina skin? The shade suits majority of pinays. It has the right amount of yellow tones to compliment our warm skin tone.

The consistency is a little runny. Just a little. The scent is between sweet and floral... I can't exactly pinpoint what scent it is, but I really like it.

When blended, it feels so light on skin, like you are barely wearing any product. No sticky feeling at all!

My bare face on the left and with the product on the right.

It gives a medium coverage that is quite buildable. It instantly brightened my skin as well as gave it a dewy finish. I'm really impressed with the finish when I first tried it out. I always thought that it would lack on the coverage part but it really did a good job on covering most of my dark spots.  But I still need to apply concealer on the really dark ones.

I like that it contains a decent amount of sun protection, SPF30 and PA++! It also promises to help with moisturizing the face and prevent aging. I can't really tell if this really helped in those department though because I have extremely oily skin so the moisturizing benefits from makeup is hardly noticeable on me. It also promises to control oil which I think this doesn't really deliver. I get oily after 3-4 hours so it is important for me to top it off with powder so that I delay the time it takes for my face to get all shiny.

My face with the rest of my makeup.

My face makeup can last the whole day provided I blot the excess oil off my face from time to time. So yeah, it has really good staying power too!

What I LIKE:

- SPF 30, PA++
- Packaging
- Medium coverage
- Long-wearing
- Scent
- Easy to apply
- Suits my warm-toned skin
- Locally available
- Quite affordable considering it contains 60ml
- Feels light on skin
- Instantly brightens skin
- Available in 3 shades

What I DON'T LIKE:

- It doesn't really give much oil control... or maybe I just have extremely oily skin :P


Would I repurchase?
I'd like to try more BB Creams but if I want to get one that suits my skin really well, then I'd consider this as one of my choices. I strongly recommend you to try it out. If you have lighter skin tone, you can try the other two shades available. :)

And that's the end of my review. I hope it was of any help. :)

If you'd like to know more about this product or Etude House Philippines, check out their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts! You can also visit the website for the product list and prices. :)


Cheers,
DAWN


7 comments:

  1. This really looks amazing on you! Are you setting this with a powder? I always set my bb creams/foundations with powders so they will always last the whole day! Maybe that can help! That shade really looks amazing on you and the coverage is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I always set my makeup with powder. It's been a rule of mine ever since I started using foundations 8 years ago. LOL It's a must for people with oily skin I guess. :P

      Delete
  2. First time ko makakita ng yellow bb cream :o It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. Pero madaming ganitong yellow BB e. Pero madalang yung ganito ka-dark. :D

      Delete
  3. Damn if I read this earlier I would buy this one instead of Perfect Fit one.
    Perfect Fit W24 has pink undertone so it looks horrible on my face --"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Yes, I've tried Perfect Fit too and this one is warmer in tone. I guess you can always purchase this next after you've finished your current BB? :P

      Delete
  4. Hi! Thanks for your review. On a side note, what powder/foundation did you use in the picture above? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete