Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Review : The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream

Hi loves!

Do you have blemished skin like I do? If yes, then you'd be interested to know more about this new product from The Body Shop.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream
Php 795.00

I received this product around a month ago. Since I have acne-prone skin, I was excited to try it out because it promises to help deal with my blemish problems. Plus, I've used a number of products from the brand's Tea Tree line and they've worked well on my skin.

Info from the website:

Perfect your complexion and fight the look of blemishes with our Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream. This dual action cream gives you flawless coverage whilst tackling the appearance of blemishes. Formulated with purifying Community Fair Trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya.
  • Blemishes and imperfections are instantly covered
  • Lightweight formula gives shine-free complexion
  • 3 shades blend seamlessly into all skin tones for natural-looking coverage
How to Use:
Squeeze BB cream onto fingertips and spread all over face until fully blended. Alternatively, dot gently onto emergency blemishes for on the spot coverage. TOP TIP: For best results, use our Tea Tree Pore Minimiser before applying BB Cream for spotless-looking skin with pores that look smaller and skin that appears smoother and more mattified!


It's makeup and skincare in one! And the promise of good coverage sold it for me! It's also available in 3 shades—Light, Medium, and Dark. The one I have here is the medium one which is very close to my skin color.


If you're familiar with the tea tree line of the brand, then you probably know about how this product smells like. The strong herb-y–menthol-ish scent is actually growing on me and I am finding it refreshing now.

The product on my hand

When swiped

Consistency is creamy but light. You can easily spread it throughout your skin and it feels like you aren't wearing any makeup! I seldom encounter products that give good coverage but feel light on skin so I'm happy to discover this one.

And here are pics of how it works on my skin:


It dealt with my redness and covered some of my pimples and acne scars. The dark ones, though, still needs more concealing. My pores also looked smaller! I wonder how it would work on top of the Instablur. Hmmm...

Lasting-power is pretty decent. It doesn't help much when it comes to oil control so I still need to blot from time to time (I guess around 3 hours or so). It would help of you have a good primer underneath to deal with that. It also helps if you top it off with powder. ;)

As for the treatment of acne, well, I can't really say since I am also using products that deal with that problem too. Actually, I'm using the whole Tea Tree Range (except for a few products)!


The Body Shop sent me these to try out and see how effective their Tea Tree range is. I'll be doing a compiled review of the products, plus I've also documented my skin and its progress during the time I'm using this line. I can't wait to see and share with you what happens! Hope you'll wait for that post! :D

So going back to the BB Cream,

What I LIKE:

- Good coverage
- Feels light on skin
- Available in three shades
- Affordable
- Locally available
- Covers redness
- Smaller-looking pores
- Has skincare benefits
- Easy to spread

What I am NEUTRAL about:

- No SPF, but you can always wear sunscreen underneath
- Scent
- Packaging

What I DON'T LIKE:
- Since it deals with preventing blemishes, why not add oil control, right? I think many of those who suffer with blemished skin have oily skin... or at least that's what I think. :P


So what are your thoughts on The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream? Have you tried this one or something similar to it?


Cheers,
DAWN

1 comment:

  1. I love how yellow it is. Usually, BB creams leave us looking so sallow and pasty!

    ReplyDelete