Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review : Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation

Hello loves!

I've mentioned before that last June, I was in the US for a month for a vacation. Everyday was a busy day because of all the sight-seeings and shopping we did. Since I had to be on-the-go, I didn't have time to retouch my makeup. So by the end of the day during the first few days, my face was a mess. My foundation that time was from Benefit and it wasn't staying on me for too long mostly because my skin is very oily.


So one day, I just decided to buy this foundation that I've used before which lasted on my face for the whole day. I barely needed to do any concealing because of its amazing coverage so getting ready in the morning is fast and easy.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation
Bought this for around $36 or $37 at Macy's I think...

I asked help form the SA for my shade and recommended this, Ivory Beige. My previous shade was Rattan when I was in Manila and was always indoors. I got around two shades darker during my first week on the trip. Oh, the L.A. sun makes tanning so easy.

So here are some details on the packaging:

I've already posted a quick review of this product when I tried it out during the brand's Double Wear Exchange. Read it here.

The packaging is very elegant and I like that you can see the product from the bottle. You already have the idea of the shade just by looking at it.

Swatch on my hand

It looks dark on my hand but it's just right when applied on my face. See the photos below:

Bare face

with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation

WOW for coverage! It says medium coverage but I think it's more of a medium-heavy one. It's very buildable too so you don't need any concealer! Wooot! The finish is semi-matte but I usually top it off with translucent powder for a more matte finish and extra oil control. It's light on skin and there's minimal scent. Consistency is a little runny which makes spreading it on skin very easy.

For its lasting power, it's superb. It lasts the whole day on me. Oil control is above average at least because I only get shiny after 4 hours... probably less if I'm outside and it's hot. No caking, no irritations, no breakouts!

What I LIKE:

- Awesome Coverage
- Long-lasting
- Good oil-control
- Buildable coverage
- No caking
- light on skin
- No irritations nor breakouts
- Locally available
- Packaging
- Available in 30 shades (more or less)

What I DON'T LIKE:

- Price is a bit expensive for my budget... but it's still worth it so I guess none!


I really love this foundation. :D If you like heavy-coveraged, long-lasting foundations, then you should definitely try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation! It might be pricey here in the Philippines but it's definitely worth it!


Cheers,
DAWN


18 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing coverage. I swatched this once and it was very thick. Can it be used everyday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I use this everyday. Just make sure you COMPLETELY take off your makeup when you get home or before you go to bed. :D

      Delete
  2. I think the Beauty Blender or RT Miracle Sponge will make it easier to apply! Hope to try this in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juvy! Yep! I use the Beauty Blender on this one. :D Hope you can try this one too and let me know how you like it! :D

      Delete
  3. OMG this sounds like a dream! I don't need something sooo oil fighting because my skin is only slightly oily in the t zone but the coverage and consistency looks so incredible! I must get this eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! Then you'll definitely like this! Let me know how you like it! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow that looks really good on your skin! Awesome foundie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really does an awesome job making my skin look better. :D

      Delete
  5. Have you tried the other Double Wears? I'm confused 'cos there's so many variants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I haven't. I am willing to try them out though. The concealer one looks soooo good as well.

      Delete
  6. wow im so impressed with the coverage. and i like that its semi matte finish. it has a very similar look with the lancome teint miracle foundation. only lancome is more for normal - dry skin type, and looks like this is good for oily skin type :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister uses the Lancome one and she loves it too. I have yet to try that one though. I have oily skin that's why I haven't bought one yet. Not sure if it's worth it for me.

      Delete
  7. Where I can buy this amazing product in the Philippines? Because I'm desperately wanna cover my acne scars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi .I love your review thankyou so much for your honest review

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much is it here in the Philippines?
    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure but I am guessing it's between 2.3k-3k Php? :/

      Delete