Thursday, March 13, 2014

Review : Too Cool for School Grapefruit Nail Polish Remover

Hey everyone.

It's been a while since I bought a nail polish remover. I used to have a big bottle of nail polish remover from HBC which lasted almost a year! I bought it because it saved me money and it doesn't smell so bad unlike some affordable ones in the department stores. It was practical but it was hard for me to remove some nail polishes with it... especially those with glitters. So after I finished the bottle, I bought a new one from another brand...

Too Cool for School Grapefruit Nail Polish Remover
Bought this for Php 109.00 only.

I bought this because:
A. I wanted to try something new from the brand
B. I needed a new nail polish remover
C. It's hypoallergenic
D. It smells good
E. It's affordable
F. The fonts on the bottle is so cute

The labels at the back aren't in english so I don't understand it... Hehe. :P 
But the shelf life of this product is 18 months so it is pretty long.

So how does it perform? 
It easily removes nail polishes that don't have glitters or textures, especially those polishes that are a bit more expensive than the local drugstore ones. Those with glitters take time to be completely removed but I guess that's always the case in almost all nail polish removers. And BTW, I saw a tip that when you use a glittery polish, apply a coat of white glue on the nails, like it's a base coat, so that you can just peel the polish off when you want to remove it. I haven't tried this technique though.

I have to add more and more of this product on the cotton pad when I remove my polish. I guess the ingredient that removes the polish easily evaporates? I am not sure but my cotton is still pretty damp but it doesn't remove much of the polish anymore but ones I add more polish remover, it removes them fast again. I usually had to do that for every two nails. This is not much of a problem for me because this polish is mild and smells good. It doesn't dry my fingers at all!

Overall, I like this product. Smells good, doesn't dry my skin, works well, very affordable, and the font design looks cute! I will definitely buy this again. :)

So what do you think of Too Cool for School Grapefruit Nail Polish Remover? Have you tried this before? What's your favorite brand of nail polish remover?


Cheers,
DAWN

6 comments:

  1. Interesting! I just bought a bottle naman from Etude. I'll try this next! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm thinking of buying from Etude next naman. :P I've tried the purple and green ones from EH but I'm planning on getting one again so I could compare. :P

      Delete
  2. I have this and I'm almost done with it. I like it. I like the one from the faceshop more because of the strawberry scent. But this one, function-wise is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait... Maybe I'll try TFS since the scent is strawberry! <3 Thanks for the reco! :D

      Delete
  3. Oooh another brand of nail polish remover I haven't tried yet! It's not so expensive pa! Thanks for the reco! :) My mainstays recently are the Etude House ones (the pink and the violet ones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Will try the pink one from Etude din. :D

      Delete