Sunday, January 12, 2014

MY CURRENT FACIAL SKINCARE PART 2 : KIEHL'S

Hello loves!

Here's part two of my facial skincare post (Click here for Part I). This post contains my Kiehl's products that deals mainly with my acne problems including the dark spots I get from acne scars.

All products I use are labeled Dermatologists Solutions. I'm not too sure if it's a product line of the brand but these are all placed next to each other in one shelf if you check their stores. The branch I usually go to is their Shangri La Plaza branch and Ann, the SA I usually talk to, advised me on how these products should be used to get the best result.

I would have bought more products but Kiehl's is very pricey for me so I could only afford this much. Good thing their products come in big bottles and tubes so it would take months before I finish one. :P

Anyway, I have 5 products right now...

Just like the previous post, I'll just share some short thoughts on each products. I use them simultaneously so I can't give a thorough review.

The first product I used from the brand is the 

Clearly Corrective™ Skin Brightening Exfoliator

Php 1,250.00
Click the name or HERE for my review on this.
This is one of the best scrubs I've used. The beads are very small and it foams up very well. My face feels so clean and soft after I use this.

Kiehl's Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment
Can't remember how much this is exactly but I think this is around P1.2k-1.6k?? 

I use this on my problem areas such as the jaw area, nose, and my cheeks. I use this to prevent pimples, black heads and white heads from showing. When I have bigger zits, I use a different product, the Snoe Shoo Zit Spray Me From Behind, to deal with it because it's more effective. But this one can also flatten it with bigger amounts applied.

Here are more info from the website:

A daily skin treatment that treats acne blemishes
  • Formulated with a powerful blend of blemish-fighting Dioic, Salicylic and Lipo Hydroxy Acids, known to minimize the appearance of acne and blemishes
  • How to Apply:
    -Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying acne treatment
    -Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
    -Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
    -If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day

    WARNINGS: For external use only. When using this product using other topical acne drugs at the same time or right after use of this product may increase dryness or irritation of the skin. If this occurs, only one drug should be used unless directed by physician. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion
Php 2,750.00

I use this once a week since I already use the brightening exfoliator. This removes the dead skin cells effectively without over drying my face. Super smooth face after every use!

Here are the labels on the box:

Some info from the website:
A highly efficacious exfoliating formula
  • Affords an immediate skin-smoothing effect and with regular, tri-weekly use, helps to visibly minimize discolorations and small marks on face, hands, and décolleté
  • Over time, the look of facial lines is reduced and skin texture is significantly smoother and clearer, while the appearance of pore size is diminished
  • Helps to facilitate the absorption of topical skin treatments to maximize their efficacy
How to Apply:

-Dispense a nickel-sized amount of the exfoliating cream into the palm of the hand
-Utilizing fingertips, gently apply to clean, damp skin in an upward and outward circular motion, avoiding the eye area
-Continue treatment for approximately 30 seconds, but no more than two minutes, to achieve desired effect
-Monitoring skin sensitivity closely, you may increase pressure slightly to enhance treatment results
-With eyes closed, rinse with cool water and gently pat dry 
-To help soothe skin after treatment, we recommend using this formula in conjunction with Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions' Centella Recovery Skin-Salve

WARNINGS:For external use only. Do not use on irritated or damaged skin. Avoid getting the micro-dermabrasion exfoliator in the eyes, lips and nostrils. If eye contact occurs, flush thoroughly and gently. If irritation or rash appears, discontinue use and consult a physician. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Consult your physician before using if you are on any type of skin medication or if you have a pre-existing skin condition such as seborrheic dermatitis, chronic eczema, psoriasis, severe acne, skin cancer, a facial tattoo or sunburned skin. Do not use within 24 hours of use of other exfoliation products; for example, but not limited to: glycolic acid, chemical peels, acne medication or Retin-A. If you experience any undue sensitivity, discontinue use, allowing skin to rest for several days. Because this product may make your skin more sensitive to the sun, always protect your skin following a micro-dermabrasion treatment with a UVA/UVB sunscreen of SPF 15 or greater. Excessive sun exposure after micro-dermabrasion should be avoided. If intense sun exposure is unavoidable, apply sunscreen liberally and frequently. Do not use more frequently than three times per week.



Kiehl’s Insider Tip: 
Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions are powerful, yet safe treatments that address skin conditions such as premature aging, irritation and sensitivity. Use 2-3 times a week for remarkably smooth skin.



The beads are very fine as you can see on the pictures. But it doesn't foam up as much as the Brightening Exfoliator. :)

The next one is a gift from Helen. I was using another toner from Kiehl's, the oil free one, which is very effective too. But I paused from using it since this one is from the same line as the other treatments I'm using. :)

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective White Clarity-Activating Toner

I use this 2-3x a day. I like that its fragrance-free. :)

Labels on the bottle:

Info from the website:
Advanced skin retexturizing toner
  • High-performance clear toner gently re-texturizes skin
  • Infuses skin with hydrating actives for noticeably cleaner and softer skin
  • Activated C helps visibly diminish dark spots  and skin discoloration
  • Use daily-morning and night after cleansing
  • Paraben-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free,  dermatologist-tested

How to Apply:
-After cleansing, moisten a cotton pad with the toner and apply to face, avoiding the immediate eye area

Kiehl’s Insider Tip: 

For optimal results, use with the other formulas in the Clearly Corrective collection. 


 Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
Php 2,995.00

This is the most expensive among the bunch. I do believe that this is effective but not too much as to even out the scars.

Labels on the bottle:

Info from the website:

A fast-acting serum that diminishes dark spots and visibly evens skin tone
  • Helps to prevent the formation of future dark spots and other skin discolorations with continued daily usage
  • Silicone-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free
  • No colorants and no optical diffusers
  • How to Apply:
    -Cleanse skin thoroughly prior to application
    -Apply dark spot serum over entire face both day and night under your ideal moisturizer
    -During the day, protect skin by layering with Super Fluid UV Defense
    -Before bedtime, replenish skin by layering on Midnight Recovery Concentrate
 I was advised to use only 3 drops and I apply it all over my face but sometimes I put extra on the areas with really dark scars.

So that's all of the products!
Now, how do I use them?
Please check the Part 1 post as reference for the products not mentioned in this one.

I still follow the rule: Cleanse, tone, and moisturize.

I usually do this routine every morning and before going to bed at night.

I wash my face first using The Body Shop's Cool and Creamy Wash (but starting this December, I also use the Tony Moly Natural Bubble Swallow's Nest Foam Cleanser). 

For scrubs, I used Kiehl's Brightening exfoliator (the deluxe sample) until I completely finished it. I then used The Body Shop's 
Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub for a couple of months and then went and buy a regular size Brightening Exfoliator again. I use these scrubs once or twice a week since I also use the Kiehl's Micro-Dermabrasion.

After cleansing, I apply the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective White Clarity-Activating Toner. I then apply Ciracle's Vitamin C Serum (I got a tip that we should use serums first before cream products and also apply Vitamin C based products because it makes the products applied after more potent). I then put the Ciracle Pore Minimizing Serum and the Kiehl's Corrective Dark Spot Solution. I usually wait til each serum dries/get absorbed by the skin before applying another. I then apply the Kiehl's Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment and once it dries, I finally apply the Ciracle Vitamin E Cream.

And if you suffer from bacne like me, I recommend using Mir and Ryvi Tomato Soap and Snoe Shoo Zit Spray Me From Behind. :)

Well, that's all I guess.  These products really helped a lot with my skin (check the first part of this post so you can see the way my skin has improved). Hope that this routine can be of some help to those with the same skin type as I do! :D


Cheers,

DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment