Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Clinique Pretty Lips Colour & Gloss Duo (Different Lipstick and Long Last Glosswear SPF 15)

Hello ladies,

I was so engrossed by the Lipstick and Gloss Duo in the Clinique Bonus that I opted to try it out.

In truth, I was a little scared of the color. If you'd notice I shy away from bold colored pigments since I'm not too good at mixing and matching. Here was an opportunity to try something new.


 The lipstick is 76 Shy, and true enough, despite the very plum color of the bullet, when applied on the lips, the finish is quite natural.


I have little problem with short, seemingly trial sized lipsticks. I actually prefer them over the full sized ones since I don't really put them on as often so a small sized one lasts me as long as a full sized one.


The gloss is 18 Mystic and is at the opposite side of the barrel.


And much like your average lipgloss, it has a doe foot applicator.


This color however, I think is what gives the bold plum hue in the duo.

Here they are swatched over the hand with the lipstick on top and the gloss on the bottom.


Like how I said earlier, the lipstick's finish is quite natural and can be easily worn, even when you're in a hurry.


The gloss on the other hand, is a little to glossy for me and a little too colorful for me to consider using it as my everyday lipstick. But that's just me.


They're not as long lasting as other lipsticks may be, but they do have good hues to work with. Hopefully, I'll be able to use them again.

Hope you liked this short swatch post.

Cheers,
LIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment