Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Review : Holika Holika Milky Veil Pore Cover BB

Hello loves!

One of the reasons why I like BB Creams is that they give many benefits such as protect our skin from the sun, provide mild coverage on blemishes, extra moisturization, and give some healing benefits. This BB Cream that I'll be reviewing on today's post not only gives these benefits, it covers pores too!

Holika Holika Milky Veil Pore Cover BB
The price is around Php 400.00 if I remember correctly.
I bought this during the branch opening event they held in SM Fairview.

The back of the tube has labels about the product but they are all in Korean... so I got more information about the product from the brand's US website:

Holika Holika Milky Veil Pore Cover BB has been specially formulated to control and reduce sebum production for a clean matte finish.  It will leave your skin looking smooth and flawless by reducing the appearance of pores and covering imperfections. Plus it’s great for acne prone or sensitive skin types!

Directions: Take an appropriate amount and apply a small dab to your cheeks, forehead, and chin. With the tips of your fingers spread bb cream evenly throughout your face. To avoid bb cream from caking, let sit for 5 minutes before building bb cream up for more coverage, and before apply any loose powders to set it with.

Benefits:

Oil Control
Matte Finish
UV Protection
Smoothes
Covers Pores
Sensitive Skin Types


It's in a tube form. I like how you can easily squeeze it to get the product out. I like the pearlescent shine it has when the light hits it but other than that, the design isn't so cutesy which I'm used in seeing on Korean BB Creams but that's not much of a downer for me. It still looks good nonetheless.


Even though it's in a tube form, I don't experience any leaking which is really good. 

Below is a closeup of the product:
It's thick and creamy and it smells good—sort of herby or floral-ish.


Here's the product when swiped on the back of my hand. It's quite thick which I like since it seems like it has heavier coverage than the usuall BB's. The tone, on the other hand, is beige-y and kind of greyish. Not so fond of that. 

Here's the back of my hand when the product is blended.

It has a matte finish. A little dewy effect which makes the skin looking not flat.

So here's my bare cheek:
I have enlarged pores so I was looking forward to making them look smaller with this product.

With the product on

It made my skin looking pale ang greyish but it clearly covered acne scars and it did help minimize the pores! Minimize, not completely cover them. The coverage is medium and is buildable for heavier coverage.

This BB Cream doesn't make my skin oil up too soon. Probably around 4 hours before I get all oily. I don't experience some caking or creasing from this and it never caused me any irritations or breakouts.

What I LIKE:

Good coverage
Minimizes pores
Locally available
Affordable
Mildly scented
I like the tube packaging
Matte finish
Suits oily skin types like me
Has SPF 30 and PA++

What I DON'T LIKE:

Makes my skin greyish and pale


Would I buy again?
This is actually one of the three BB Creams I own from the brand. Though I like this BB Cream, I have a different one that I like more. I will post a review on it soon. ;)
I do recommend this to those with oily skin like me who also wants to cover up those enlarged pores. Just make sure you set it with powder that has your exact shade to counter the greyish finish this gives.


So what do you think of my review on Holika Holika Milky Veil Pore Cover BB? Have you tried this BB Cream yet? :)


Cheers,
DAWN

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great product, I hope to see Holika Holika in Cebu soon :)

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this coverage is definitely medium to high coverage! Yes, unfortunately most bb creams that are asian are more greyish, its harder to find really flesh or beige toned ones however a setting powder or light bit of foundation powder does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, its rare for a korean brand makeup come up with product with a nice coverage like this one... Will def check this out! thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coverage is really good as it did blur your pores. I have yet to check Holika Holika products. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie G - Looking forward to see more Holika Holika branches myself!

    Sharlynn - Can't agree with you more!

    Janet - You're welcome. :D

    Pammy - You should check them out! I found so many products that I want to try! :D

    ReplyDelete