Saturday, October 19, 2013

Review : Camaru Naturals Amazonian Clay Mask

Hello everyone!

I'm obsessing with skincare right now. I just want to pamper my skin that I used to neglect when I was in my teens. I never had good skin since I hit puberty. As most of you probably know by now, I have oily, acne-prone skin and without proper care then, I now have acne scars and dark spots that I've been embarrassed about. 

So now that I am committed to get my skin looking better, I have invested time (and money) for better products. I make sure that my face is always clean and hydrated once I got home, especially before I go to sleep.

One of the products that I use twice a week is a clay mask. Why you ask? It's because it helps purify the skin from all the dirt and excess sebum on your face which causes acne. It also eliminates the dead skin cells making your face softer and fresher!

So when Camaru Naturals contacted me to try out their new Amazonian Clay Mask, I immediately agreed. I loved using their bamboo charcoal soap (read my review here) so I just couldn't wait to try this new one!

Camaru Naturals Amazonian Clay Mask

This is Php 429.00 and is available at ECHOStore, Sugarleaf and Velvet Rose.
It's housed in a tub that holds 50g of the product.

So let's see what it's all about...

The bottom of the tub has the info you might want to know like the list of ingredients, directions and date of manufacturing and expiration.

They also included a press release to better understand their new Amazonian Clay Mask.
 I'm no stranger to clay masks. I've used ones from different brands. Of course there are times that I hesitated to try something new since it is my skin at risk. But I never hesitated with this one. Besides loving one of their soaps, Camaru Naturals uses ingredients from nature itself (hence the 'Naturals' in the name). Since it's organic, I felt that this is safe for my skin (but do take note if you have allergies in one of the ingredients before using it or any product for that matter). 



 This product is paraben-free, cruelty-free and 100% vegan.

So below is the picture of the mask. It's already used that's why it's almost half empty. Haha! I've had this for more or less two weeks now.


It's black, well, very dark grey. It's something new since most of the ones I use are lighter grey or moss green in color. The only black mask I've used is the one that gets rid of blackheads. :P

I can't really describe the scent. It's not faint—you can really smell it upon application. I actually like the smell... I believe there's like menthol in it. I find it relaxing. 

 The consistency is thick and creamy.

I got a tip to store it on the fridge so that you use it while it's cold and how I loooove how it felt when I was applying it. 

Here's what it looks like when you apply it.


And after 10-15 minutes, it dries like this:

It dries completely that it can be peeled off. But you peel it, you rinse it with warm water. Rinsing it can take a while but the patience you put in the process is all worth it when you see the result!

My bare cheek (hello, acne scars!)

It's all clean now and it doesn't make my skin dry. And it looks fresher too just as it claims to do!

I'm so glad I got to try this. It works great on my skin and I guess it is safe to say that it also works on other skin types, the only thing to consider is how many times a week one can use it. I'm definitely gonna purchase one once I'm out of clay masks.

If you want to know more on Camaru Naturals's Amazonian Clay Mask or their other products, you can check their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (camarunaturalsPH).

Have you tried this before? How about other products from Camaru Naturals?
Do you like using clay masks too?
Which ones do/have you use/d?


Cheers,
DAWN

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it's cruelty free. I would like to try but it seems hard to find it in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soo cool! It looked reaaaaaaally different when it dried up. I like that kind of mask (rather than those that look the same all throughout) because I don't have to keep looking at the time :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnie - I guess it is since this is locally sold to the Philippines. Hopefully there's a store that sells this internationally.

    Tellie - Haha! I know the feeling! I sometimes panic when I wakeup with facial mask on that are not intended to be left overnight. :P

    ReplyDelete