Friday, September 27, 2013

Review : Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion

Hi loves!

Happy weekend!!!

Finally! I've been waiting for this weekend to come since last month! Will share with you why on Sunday! But for now, I'll leave you with a review of a product that I received last month from Etude House...

Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion
It's Php 998.00 each.


Some product info from the press release I received:
  • The revolutionary cushion foundation created by ETUDE HOUSE, the heroin of BB cream
  • 6-in-1 multi-functions, Quick make-up finish, Easy make-up fix,  Always flawless look
Global Make-up brand ETUDE HOUSE PHILIPPINES presents new concept of foundation “Precious Mineral Any Cushion”.

"‘Precious Mineral Any Cushion’" is a revolutionary cushion-type foundation. The unique cushion inside the portable compact holds the liquid foundation fresh and smooth, which delivers quick and easy face make-up-finish, perfect make-up-fix any time anywhere for a bright and flawless look. Indeed, the 6-in-1 multi-function covers from sunscreen to sebum control (Sunscreen+ Sebum powder + Moisture essence + Whitening essence + Foundation + Cooling). 


ETUDE always has been perused “Make-Up Play”, believing make-up should be something fun and easy to carry on in everyday life. Precious Mineral Any Cushion was born in the background of this philosophy and was completed with its excellence in base makeup as a leader of BB cream and renowned cushion- technology of Amore Pacific who firstly pioneered the cushion foundation in Korea. Cushion type foundation was firstly shown in the Korean market in 2008 by Amore Pacific and now stands in the core trend of face-make-up. Precious Mineral Any Cushion reaches further to perfect coverage and even sebum control expression while delivering generic wonders of cushion foundation. 

ETUDE Global PR Manager mentioned “The concept of ANY CUSHION can be summarized into Triple A ; All in One Muti-function, All fitting Coverage & Always to keep a flawless look. It’s very easy to finish your base make-up just by quick patting like stamping on. Under “Make-up Play Culture” to the world, ETUDE developed this new product to meet the needs of Asian girls. Precious Mineral Any Cushion will be launched in major global countries including Philippines in advance and will spread out onward including Korea.”

Directions, precautions and ingredients list are labeled on the box.

It's 15g and has a shelf life of 12 months.

This is available in 2 shades only. 

I actually received 2 of it. I gave the darker shade, Honey Beige, to Liz while the lighter one, Natural Beige, is mine.

Here's the compact:

Loving it so much because it's pretty in pink! It can be a bit bulky for a compact, but hey, I'd rather bring this than bring a bottle of foundation or a big tube of BB Cream. :P

At the bottom of the compact are some product info which are in Korean so... yeah. :P

When you open the compact, there's a mirror and has this very soft sponge applicator:

Like seriously soft!

It holds a decent amount of product and it slides to skin easily and it just feels good because of the softness!

The compact has another lid. When you open it, you'll see this:

The foam that holds the foundation!

The foam is quite soft and when you press it, you'll see how soaked it is with the product.
The consistency of the product is thin... almost watery. It feels so light on skin. It smells soooo good just like most Etude House products!

Here's the swatches of both shades:
Honey Beige and Natural Beige respectively.

Honey beige is darker and has a cooler tone while Natural Beige is lighter and has yellow undertones.

I think I made a mistake giving Liz the Honey Beige... If you see my before and after pictures below, I'm obviously a Honey Beige.

Natural Beige is way too light for me. Honey Beige would probably suit my skin better. I believe Honey Beige is too light on Liz too. I guess this can be considered a problem for this particular product since it only carries 2 shades.

But anyway, the finish is semi-matte. It dries pretty quickly so make sure you apply it fast. The coverage is medium but buildable. Make sure you get your face moisturized though. As you can see on my cheek on the photo above, it exposes the dry areas on my pimple scars.

So to remedy the "too light" problem, I topped it off with a loose powder of my shade. I applied only a thin layer so my skin still has a natural finish.
With a nice contour powder and blush, my face looked all better now.
I didn't use concealer here so you can still see the really dark spots. I'm liking how buildable the coverage is and even if I applied more layers, I experienced minimal caking.

Oil control is just okay. My face got all-oily and shiny in 3-4 hours.

Here's a pic of my face after 10 hours after work:
I only blot my face with an oil film. No retouch at all!

My face is oily but still looking good in my opinion, don't you think so too?
It has sunscreen and high SPF too! Perfect for everyday! It says it has cooling qualities but I can't feel it for some reason... but oh well. :P

So to summarize:

What I LIKE:

- Coverage is medium and buildable
- Smells GOOOOOOD
- Locally Available
- Minimal Caking
- Packaging is pretty
- Comes with a mirror and a soft applicator
- Consistency makes it easy to spread
- Sets quickly once applied
- Semi-matte finish
- Has SPF50 and PA+++
- Feels light on skin

Neutral about:

- The price (Php 998.00)
- Oil control is so-so

What I DON'T LIKE:

- Available in only 2 shades
- Makes dry areas of your face too obvious so I advise you to have well moisturized skin before using this!

Would I buy again?
I most probably will. This is, without question, my favorite among Etude House's foundations and BB Creams.

What are your thoughts on Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion?
Have you tried it yet? If not, are you willing to try it?

And oh, in a not really related note, do you watch UAAP Basketball? Which team are you rooting for? Haha! Excited for tomorrow's game which I might not be able to watch since I'll be in an event. :( Oh well again.


Cheers,
DAWN

4 comments:

  1. Nice review ^^ Love it so much :D

    I just started off a beauty blog, mind to follow each other to get more closer? :)

    http://beauteheaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, love it so much!

    I just started off a beauty blog, do you mind to follow each other to get more closer?

    http://beauteheaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! It still looks fresh in the after shot :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaute Heaven - Okay! Will visit and follow! :)

    Tellie - Yes! I'm so happy with this product! :D

    ReplyDelete