Good evening ladies,
I recently ran out of face moisturizer so I went in search for a replacement. Fortunately, this all happened during Nature Republic's sale, so when I asked their SA for a great moisturizer with a very affordable price, she suggested this Aloe Vera Soothing Gel.
This is quite a big tub of gel and is a feature that makes it affordable.
Here it is opened.
The consistency is basically like any hair gel. It's clear and feels a little watery when applied.
Here's the ingredients list and instructions on how to use.
I actually love this product for various reasons.
1. The product is very versatile. As you can see, the product can be used in various ways. I've tried almost all of the indications, except for after shave, nail and sunburns. I have to say that it is quite effective.
2. It's a great substitute for water-based moisturizers. Actually substitute is not the word I'm looking for since in my opinion it is way more hydrating than any water-based moisturizer I've used before. It's not what you'd call a water-based moisturizer but it just kind of feels that way.
This product, when applied gives the same feeling as when you just finished washing your face. It dries quickly and leaves your face feeling smooth and cool. It's really perfect for these dry summer days.
3. Perfect summer moisturizer. Although this product may not be as hydrating as a lotion or cream moisturizer, it has the advantage of not feeling very heavy and icky during summer. The problem I have with cream and lotions is that they just feel too heavy on the skin during these months. They kind of add to the discomfort of the hot summer weather when you apply them, however, you have no choice but to apply since the weather dries your skin and leaves you flaky. This product however, feels very light and cool after application, the just-got-out-of-the-shower feel. :)
4. Again it is hydrating, soothing, and cool to the skin. I've previously mentioned that my sebaceous dermatitis acts up when my skin dries up, and although I can cure it using steroids, it's not good that I use steroids on it a lot as it can thin out my skin. So my other alternative is to hydrate my skin by putting lotions. Problem is, lotions and creams tend to sting or have that burning feeling when you apply it to an irritated area or an inflamed area. This product, does not have that... probably one reason why it's perfect for sunburns. And it's proven to be quite effective, in about three days of twice a day application, and the redness and itch and flake are just about gone. :)
5. Good enough make-up base. It's great when you're going for that hydrated glowy skin look.
The only downsides I found while using this is that:
1. It's not really effective as a hair care. I'm not sure if it's because my hair still has residual wax or what not but this product stiffened my hair more... But then again, I'm not sure if the promo is telling us that it can help tame hair or smooth out hair.
2. A little messy and hard to control the amount. With this product you only need a pea-sized amount for the face but since it's in a tub, it's hard to control the amount you get, and when your taking the cover off, it starts to get really messy. But since, it dries quick and is not sticky, it's a little less messy than body butter or lotion.
Will I buy again?
YES, absolutely. :)