Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tagged: I Caught the Blog Bug!

Hello, our beautiful blog readers!

A few days ago, I was tagged by Hollie of Random Beauty by Hollie and Kath of Dear Kitty Kittie Kath to answer a few questions about our dear blog and how it came to be.
Just reading their answers to these questions made me reminisce about how my sis, Trace, and I started Peachy Pink Sisters that I got quite excited to answer them as well! And I am ever so happy to share our story to all of you!


When and Why did you start blogging?

It was during June, 2010. My sis, Trace, and I just thought of starting a blog together. We both are into beauty, especially makeup and my sis had this habit of reading blogs and probably thought of making one herself. She asked me to collaborate with her - she will write the posts while I take care of the pictures and other creative stuff. It was a good tandem since she's the sister who's really good at writing while I'm the sister who loves doing the creatives. Sister synergy indeed! 

Though Trace has left the blogging scene to concentrate on her studies abroad, one of my best friends for 17 years, Liz, has stepped in to help! We've been very close so she's already like an adopted sister to me so the blog's title is still valid!

What do you love to blog about and why do you like it?

Anything involving makeup! Whether it's a makeover post or a review, I love to share it!
These are the things that we had in mind in creating the blog. We like trying out different products just to test how good they are and if it works well, we want to share it with fellow beauty and fashion enthusiasts! Also, I like to do makeovers and create different themed looks and would like people to see them!

How did you get your blog name?

Yeah... that... our blog's name is quite funny. 'Til now I find it awkward to say it when people asks what our blog's name is. Haha! 
It was the hardest thing to decide on when we were in the midst of creating the blog. We wanted something that's easy to remember and something girly as well. We really can't think of anything 'til the words 'peachy pink' popped into my mind (I love the color Salmon pink and peachy pink is the way I describe it if anyone asks what it looks like). I thought that I like peach tones on me while my sis, Trace, is into pinks so I believed that the title, Peachy Pink Sisters, would be errr... nice. Is it??

What do you think is your best post yet?

Probably my makeup experiments. They aren't the most viewed but those posts are the ones I spend more time on. It's where I mix my passion in makeup and the visual arts together.
I team up with fellow fine arts students/graduates (mostly my classmates and friends) to do these posts. From the makeup, hair, costumes, props, to photography and lighting were all done by us! It's such a fun thing to do and it's a way for us to bond and we blog about it to share it with you. It's also a way to pour our creativity in the prettier side of things!

What is your inspiration for blogging at present?

Just seeing people reading and appreciating what we do is already inspiring, especially when I read positive comments about our work! We also just want to share what we know about beauty and a bit on fashion that we keep posting at least once a day! And of course, the perks of blogging also make us happy -- who doesn't like free items? :P

Message for your readers:    

I'd want to thank all of you for your support! Your kind words motivate us to continue blogging! We have invested so much of our time and effort in doing and maintaining the blog that sometimes we do get tired but then again, I miss exchanging beauty tips with all of you. Even after our months of hiatus back in 2011, most of you warmly welcomed and supported us again when we came back to the blogging world. Seeing our blog grow to what it is now is a big achievement for me (it's like my baby!) and it wouldn't be like this without all of you, loyal readers! 

So a BIG
THANK YOU!
and lots of L♥VE! Mwah!


That's all! I hope I've answered the questions well. Now I will tag some beautiful ladies who caught the blog bug too! I'm not sure if these gals have been tagged yet though. :P

Chrissy of Chriselle Sy Makeup Artistry
Helen of Lucky Citrine
Aya of Codename Aya
Gellie of So Gelleesh
Nicole of Axons and Dendrites
 Shari of The Misty Mom
Karla of Makeup by Karla
Valerie of ValerieDeoferio
aMz of aMz88 Blog


Sorry if I wasn't able to tag some other blogger friends since I do not know if you're into this sort of blogging or I think I've seen some other bloggers tag you already. Haha! But if you want to answer the questions, go ahead! It's quite fun! :D


Cheers!
DAWN
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Beb!

    Thanks for tagging me on this! I'll blog about it soon FOR SURE! :)

    I also love your makeup experiments! Im amazed at how you transform girls into beautiful women who can definitely turn heads anywhere they go! You bring out their natural beauty instead of just drowning them in makeup! I adore your talent in that :) Keep it up!!!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear... whenever I see something peachy pink, I think of you and your blog! Hahaha the name stuck na. Thanks for the tag! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know :D Ang cute nga ng blog name nyo, same as Aya pag may "peachy" something your blog comes to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tag. will definitely do this one. i love telling my blogging story. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! I am new in blogging world and I am loving it. Meeting new friends! It's a month now and I am throwing giveaways! hope you can visit my blog!Thank you very much!

    XX
    Mel
    www.beautyamare.com

    ReplyDelete