Monday, March 19, 2012

Professionals Paris, New York, Milan Rich Eye Shadow in Asphalt

Hey loves!

Are you fans of deep blue eye shadows?

A relative of Liz's from the US gave this to her a few months back:

Professionals Paris, New York, Milan Rich Eye Shadow in Asphalt

Both Liz and I are unfamiliar of the brand. As I google-d it's distributor, Wathne Cosmetics, I found out that their products are basically the following:

So uhh... yeah. I barely found anything else about it.
 
So this is the eye shadow. It's sort of a dark navy blue shade and it's matte.

Here's the back of the product where you can see more information about it.

Swatched with my finger, the product doesn't seem too powdery. It's pigmented and silky too.

Swatched on my hand

With a good eye shadow primer, it can last long. The color seems really good if you plan on doing a blue smokey eye look. It might also be a good powder eye liner but I haven't tried it yet.

Liz likes it since she doesn't have much eye shadows. I, on the other hand, have a little collection of eye shadows already and I find my other eye shadows better.


So what do you think of this product?
Do you own any or at least heard of Wathne Cosmetics yet?

Cheers,
DAWN

6 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of the brand before but the pigment looks really nice, Dawn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gellie. I'm curious to know how the other products from this brand performs since this work quite well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this product, but like you, I've found very little information about either the company or the products themselves. A friend of the family was a wholesale cosmetics distributor & brought me a box full of this stuff to play with. Sadly, the family friend has since passed on, so I am unable to get any more info on it.
    I've been a makeup artist for over 15 years, and I'd do almost anything to get my hands on more of this!
    I have quite a bit of their foundations. The Perfect Liquid Foundation & the Professional Finish Powder Foundation in both pressed & loose. Using either a damp sponge or fingertips, they all apply sheer with a dewy finish, but are beautifully build-able. All three leave THE MOST flawless finish I've worked with in my entire career. They're highly pigmented, so colour payoff is intense & the powders have wonderful coverage over a BB creme or just a moisturizer. My clients ADORE this as well; I'll often send a bride with a small amount of the pressed powder for touch ups later in the day or immediately before photos & I've gotten a ridiculous amount of requests for it!!
    I know it's definitely a long shot, but if anyone has any more information or hears anything else, please, please share!
    Thank you so much & thank you for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this product!
    A family friend was a wholesale cosmetics distributor & brought a box of different products for me to try out. This was included & is my fave!
    Sadly, the friend has since passed on, so I am unable to get more info about it.
    I have the Professional Finish Powder Foundation in both loose & pressed & let me tell you ladies, it is incredible!
    It's wonderful over a BB creme or moisturizer, also simply fantastic over your foundation for more coverage. It applies sheer, with a dewy finish but HIGHLY pigmented, so colour payoff can be intense because it's beautifully build-able. A little tip:
    In my opinion, the BEST way to apply loose powder, ladies: with a slighty damp (not wet!) sponge & the dabbing/pouncing motion you'd use with the wide end of a Beauty Blender. I know, it seems counterintuitive, but truly....you're able to set your liquid/creme foundation product, and it TOTALLY avoids the dryness, cakiness, and settling into fine line or wrinkles that occurs with any and every powder.(Try it & let me know how it works out for you!)
    The absolute BEST thing about these powders though: they leave the most beautiful, flawless finish I've ever seen or worked with! NOTHING currently on the market even comes close. My clients love it as well; I get a ridiculous amount of requests for it. My supply is dwindling quickly! Yikes!!
    If anyone has any info, or hears anything, please please please pass it on!?!
    Thank you so much & thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m also seeking info on this brand as I’ve 8 new sets of cosmetic brushes in wrap pouch, plus Professionals back pack which I’m listing on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have had this product many years ago and in search to find it again… any information on this company or where I can purchase them again would greatly be appreciated…

    ReplyDelete