Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Makeover: Liz as Holly Golightly

This is actually a super delayed post.

I have always thought that Audrey Hepburn was one of the most beautiful people EVER. and as I was watching one of her movies, "My Fair Lady," I just fell in-love with her even more.

She is so iconic that someday I wanted to do a makeover inspired by her.

So I did! On my bestfriend, Liz!

And who else would I pattern it to than her most iconic role ever, Ms. Holly Golightly of the movie, "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

Liz was very GAME on the idea. She was getting stressed out at med school and getting prettified for a day is a way to relieve those stress out. 

It was quite fortunate that Liz owns a little black dress that resembles the one Audrey wore in that photo. And we just mixed and matched the accessories we had to make the look work (she's actually holding a long makeup brush. haha!). :)

I based the makeup on one of Lisa Eldridge's videos:
My sis told me about this video way before. I'm so jealous of the makeups she used in the video. I wish I have them too! :P But thanks this vid, it made the makeover a lot easier!

Here's a before and after pic of Liz (she refers her before pic as her mug shot :P).

I kinda have this tendency to overextend the eyeliner (sorry!) but other than that, I think I did a decent job. :P

And I am a really bad hair stylist. Just look at what the back of her hair looks like! :))

MAKEUP USED:
The Face Shop Makeup Base in purple
San San Concealer in Olive
San San Foundation in 01
Fashion 21 Loose Powder in No.1
E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit
Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeliner in White
Dollface Cosmetics 88 pcs Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black
Maybelline Volumizing Cat Eyes Mascara
 James Cooper Matte Blusher in Jazzy
 Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey


And here are more photos! Just click them to enlarge. :)






All photos are taken by yours truly. :P

Hope you all like it! Any comments (hopefully good ones)?


Cheers,
DAWN


4 comments:

  1. Good job on the makeover! I liked how you accessorized to interpret the look. This would be awesome as a graduation picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Audrey Hepburn look! Great job Dawn :) More looks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls!

    This would probably be a better grad picture than the one I just had taken a few week ago. How I wish I directed my own photoshoot. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job dear! i think you shouldve emphasized your brows more but overall very nice :D

    ReplyDelete