Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cirq Regal: A Runway Spectacle

 Photo By: Wilmark Jolindon

Three nights ago - February 9, 2011 - the Juniors of UST College of Fine Arts and Design majoring in the Advertising Arts held the much awaited Annual Fashion Show entitled  
CIRQ REGAL: A RUNWAY SPECTACLE
 Venue: NBC Tent in Taguig
 Photo by: Isai Martinez

 The theme of the show is a Royal Circus and it is divided into the following subthemes: mimes, dolls, freaks, wilds, illusionists (my block's collection; I am one of the designers!), acrobats, clowns and fire-breathers.

The event was very stressful to organize. We only had 6 months to prepare for it from modeling workshops, gathering of sponsors, making the designs, promotions and so on. 

Here are some of the photos grabbed from my batchmates and blockmates:

Our Block's Collection : The House of Dramatic Deception 

 Our collection's Avant Garde
Design By: Tatie Aquino
Model: Aya Abesamis
Photo by: Peter Frac

 My Designs
Models: AJ de Luzuriaga and Mariane Ebido
Photo by: Isai Martinez and Wilmark Jolindon

 More shots from Janna Ilano, Mark Jesalva, Peter Frac and Bea Pineda

In the End, our show was a huge success. I can tell that most people who watched really liked it. Here are some links to some blogs about the show:
Since I'm a designer, I wasn't able to take pics and I was busy backstage preparing my designs on the runway that I was not able to watch the show. :( Atleast we get to walk on the runway at the end of our collection. Of course, we have to look good so some of my classmates asked me to put some makeup on them! Here are some before (no makeup) and after shots.

 Bea

 Shamie

 Krissie

Tatie

Hope you girls like this post!

Cheers,
DAWN

1 comment:

  1. great post! i'm having my first blog giveaway, lots of Stila Cosmetics to be won, maybe you'd like to enter? it's open to all readers. Thanks! Good Luck! =)
    xoxo,
    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete