Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Signature Scent: Clinique Happy

What's your favorite scent of all time? 

Mine is definitely Clinique Happy, and I don't think I will ever stray!


A hint of citrus. A wealth of flowers. A mix of emotions. Our best-selling women's fragrance interplays fresh, vibrant notes-ruby red grapefruit, bergamot-with soft, sensual ones-Hawaiian wedding flower, spring mimosa.  Launched in 1997, the original Happy is lingering, multi-layered floral. Wear it and be happy.

Notes: Ruby Red Grapefruit, Boysenberry Bush Flower, Hawaiian Wedding Flower
Style: Chic. Modern. Sparkling.

A caveat: Scents are not really on my beauty priority. No, that doesn't mean I don't care about them (never be stinky, especially in Manila weather!) but I don't stalk or research or dream about perfumes; besides, I can't afford another obsession. So this entry will be as naive/basic as it can be when it comes to eau de toilette (heck, I don't even know the difference between the eaus and parfums and colognes except for the price range)!

Sure, I've gone through my Mom's drawers (and my holiday and birthday gifts)... I've finished up a lot of the globally raved scents. I do like Lanvin Eclat D' Arpege, D&G Light Blue because they're lovely and all, but they fade on me immediately. Like I spritz some on my hand, and then the scent disappears after an hour as if I took a shower. I did have a phase when I would wear no other perfume aside from Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and I have finished two bottles of Estee Lauder Pleasures. Both were pretty nice, but just not good enough!

Out of all my scent adventures, I just keep coming back for Clinique Happy. Whenever I wear it, people don't fail to compliment about how good I smell even if they can't describe it! The scent is pretty strong and it lingers - I guess it pretty much does well with my body chemistry. It doesn't go all obnoxious too, especially when I spray too much... Which is a tendency for an excessive person like me, because I get annoyed when I get used to a scent and I don't smell my perfume anymore without spritzing 10 times all over, haha.

I remember when I was planning my 18th birthday, and how I requested everyone to give me Clinique Happy. Because of that, I came home with 4 huge 100ml bottles and 2 50ml ones, haha! They're all out, unfortunately... It's been six years! I just buy mine in the store now, which can get pretty darn annoying for my wallet.

And just because I recalled my Debut, I'll leave you with pictures circa 2004. I styled and did the makeup all by myself. I also hosted my own birthday event @ Annabel's, Tomas Morato, QC. Yeah I have a complex like that.

OMG I look like a completely different person! With BRACES! And thin eyebrows, LOL.

Dancing with a friend... Oh my, I was thin then!

Forgive the quality - halata bang scanned? With my Mom and Tito.


With friends named Abbi, Abby and Abbie.

What an awful spillover of  memories! And outfits c/o M)phosis. 

Anyway, before I forget... What's your signature scent?

Cheers,
Trace

7 comments:

  1. fave ko D&G Light blue.. di ko pa natry si Clinique happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing Clinique Happy for almost 10 years now. I sometimes stray away from it and use D&G Light Blue and other scents but I always go back to Clinique Happy. It can easily brighten up my day with just a spritz. I used to tell my friends that "When I'm feeling blue, one spritz of Clinique Happy is all I need to once again be happy!". Weird, haha!

    And that sounded like a fun debut. You looked sexy. Mine was a Jollibee kiddie party. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khymm - Try it out! They smell wildly different though :)

    Pammy - Yey, another Happy lover! =) Basta ang bango bango niya! And you are right, I do feel more giddy when I spritz some. Super fresh.

    Super cool naman, a Jollibee debut! A friend naman had hers at McDo. I hope you can post pictures too haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I have a Filipino friend named Aby! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, forgot to say, my favorite scent for the past few months is Chanel Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum. There is something about it that attract me so much. I have more than 10 types of fragrances, some I have not even tested yet, thank to the free samples I can receive. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trace,

    I don't think I have ever been so loyal to a scent like you do. ;)

    But like you, fragrance is not my top beauty priority either. Of course, we all need scents in our hot tropical climate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. FIsh Fish - so funny! Pinays, for some reason, have that name. We're also fond of adding ANN/ANNE or LYN after the first name (like Rose Anne, Tracy Ann) or Angelyn, Edelyn, Marielyn.

    Like you, I have several here as well. I have Clinique Happy in Bloom and Hugo Boss Essence de Femme to play with...

    Vonvon - I guess it's ok not to be loyal, as long as we smell wonderful everyday =P

    ReplyDelete