Friday, July 09, 2010

Dawn's Drawings #1: Unfinished Beauty

Dawn writes: I've always had a passion for visual art. I love sketching and drawing, especially the beautiful features of men and women. I admire the contours and shades and colors of a unique face.

So allow me to share something I have done today. This work is for our 2-hour class in Advertising Production. The requirement is to find a colored ad and transform it to grayscale. I chose this ad, but modified the model's face a bit to resemble Cate Blanchett (who is so gorgeous).



(in Black and White Poster Paint)


I hope you like what I have done. I promise to post the finished work by next week.

My cheers to all of you! Stay beautiful and inspired. Have a pleasant weekend.


Sincerely, 
Dawn

12 comments:

  1. Hi! new follower here :) CFAD-Adver student ka? WOW nice rendering skills you got there! Galing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz, Yes, I am. :) Thanks. I really enjoyed drawing the eyes, although it's really hard doing the lashes. Are you into arts as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! My fellow Thomasian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Loving her eyes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pammy - salamat! :) What course did you take? I'm in my 3rd year, my sister is doing her Masters.

    Lizz - Thank you for your comment. I tried my best to make them look expressive =D

    =)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, me too i love drawing the eyes as well, actually yun yung inuuna ko haha hinuhuli ko yung hair, minsan kasi nakakatamad magrender ng buhok :P
    i love the details of your work! :) galing! mag-illust ka sa thesis mo, i'm sure you'll do well!

    Yup2x i'm into arts too, my boyfriend, my bestfriend and high school friends are from CFAD-Adver too, sa usths kasi ako naghighschool :) they graduated last year, hehe ako nga minsan gumagawa ng plate ng boyfriend ko :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Khymm- Thanks a lot! :D

    Liz- really? I also do the eyes first. i hate rendering the hair too much details eh. I'm from USTHS din. been in UST since kinder pa nga eh. haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm from GT. My first time here. I think you have an amazing talent. Ang ganda! As in!

    Btw, I have a new blog called PINK MAGALINE and I am giving away some pink and fab stuff every month. Hope you can visit and enter my giveaway. It is open internationally and joining is pretty easy. Just follow and drop a comment, that's all. So, see ya around? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mrs. Kolca! :)

    and already followed your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Drawing Dawn! :) kaiingit naman. wish I could draw like that! hahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete