Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shu Uemura Nobara Foundation

Medium Beige 754 - Warm undertone
The stick version sells for $42 online and PhP 1900 locally. 

I am using the pan version which I bought brand new from Hedley of MySweetFix. This has been discontinued already.



BENEFITS
  • Three types of oils, gliding, light and emollient, combine to enhance the foundation’s spreadibility, creaminess and comfort felt when applied to the skin.
  • Available in 13 shades, this new-generation foundation makes it easy to not only match virtually every skin tone, it also allows the ability to achieve precise highlight and lowlight effects by applying several different shades.
  • For best results, blend foundation with Synthetic Brush 14 for wide coverage and Synthetic Brush 12 for more precise areas.
  • Ingredients: dimethicone, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, isotridecyl isononanoate, synthetic wax, ceresin, talc, diisostearyl malate, sorbitan sesquioleate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, alumina, aluminum hydroxide, tocopherol, canola oil, may contain: i 77891 / titanium dioxide, ci 77491, ci 77499, ci 77492 / iron oxides, mica
Swatches



Swatched heavily on the left side, you can see just how dark this foundation is! It probably fits NC30-35 girls instead of my NC25 complexion. Even when blended well on the right, you can really see the difference compared to my skintone.

My review? I've heard a lot of raves about this foundation, and this sounds like a favorite of makeup artists as well. I can understand why: it's good for oily skin, it covers well even the pores disappear to oblivion, it's totally tool-friendly (hands, brush, sponge, you name it!), and the finish is satiny-matte. Still, nothing can match the staying power of Revlon Colorstay or the blendability of Studio Fix Fluid for me. But if I'm in the mood for an alternative foundation (a cream one at that!), this is MY CHOICE! Now if it weren't that dang expensive...

The catch? WRONG SHADE! I can pull this off as a bronzer, but I don't like piling on creamy stuff on my face after foundation (I prefer powder foundations). Would be nice if I have a 774, but I won't troop to a Shu Uemura counter anytime soon - I still have loads of foundies to finish up.


Read more (mostly positive!) reviews about this foundation at:


Cheers,
Trace

9 comments:

  1. Agree! This is one of the best foundations in the market.

    Is it discontinued here? Or worldwide? Oh, why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pan has been transformed into a stick! :) No worries :) I think the stick has less amount of product though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to know that mas maganda pa ang staying power ng Revlon colorstay compared to this foundie hehe. Haven't tried Shu makeups coz I find it expensive pero im a fan of their eyelash curler..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Khymm - Yeah, I hope this killed your lemming.

    Revlon Colorstay talaga parang glue! The only foundation that can match its staying power is Estee Lauder's Double Wear, which I've finished up and won't repurchase dahil 2k din! But Revlon naman is under EL, so never mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this foundation is expensive. And a cream foundation that's good for oily skin? Nice.

    But I'm sticking to powder foundations. I like the feeling on my skin better. Have you tried Shiseido's? It's good. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, same here, I still have a lot of foundies to finish too. Still have a few new in their boxes! But I think my next foundation purchase is probably the Revlon Colorstay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pammy - Amazingly, it adheres to oily skin. I don't rely on powder foundies since I like my foundation buildable. =( I have spots to cover kasi, and powders get cakey esp when i use concealer underneath. pero nakakatempt magtry ng shiseido supplist because of all the raves :)

    Hi Fish FIsh! Bases are prolly my fave makeup of all :) I like faking flawless skin since Im not born with it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try this out, but I feel faint when I think about the price, haha. I think my ceiling when it comes to makeup is 1k (unless it's bb cream, in which case sky's the limit, haha)...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw yeah, we all have our preferences. I couldn't spend more than 500 on mascara, but for foundations i could stretch it out a bit, haha :)

    ReplyDelete