Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque

Rubenesque
Golden peach w/ gold pearl (Frost)
5g / 0.17 fl. oz.
US $16.50

But wait! What's a paint pot? It is a highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

Swatches

On paper (We hope it doesn't blind you!!!)

On eyes (T on the left, D on the right)

Tracy says: I love this color! It's a peachy gold that brightens my eyes - not just the usual boring gold, but with a kick! I don't think I can use it as an all over base since it deposits a very warm finish, but as a lid color it flatters me well. 

The best thing about the MAC Paint Pot is that it works like a good eyeshadow base - my eye makeup lasts longer when I have this on my lids. Even if it's considered a cream eyeshadow, it actually prevents caking and creasing! The texture is hard and not waxy, the pigment is concentrated and really sticks to the skin... When it dries up, it stays on better than powder!  I'd love to get more shades. 

I just hope I can find a hue that is similar to Shiseido The Makeup Hydro-Powder Eyeshadow in H9 Glistening Sand, since I've been lusting over that for years (I just don't have the power to pay PhP the full 1, 800 for a little pot of Shiseido! I was able to get H2 Whitelights for a steal though, from a friend)

Dawn says: It's a useful neutral that enhances the color of your eyeshadow. I'm not crazy about it though.

Watch out for our double EOTDs! 

Cheers!


7 comments:

  1. haven't tried paint pots but I read they are really good.. Rubenesque looks so pretty! I love shimmery stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color looks so different on T and D. It shows more color on T. I only have a creamless cream shadow/liner from Benefit. Is it the same product category as MAC paint pot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Khymm - Really like it :) It's such a lovely color.

    Hi Fish Fish - That's true! I have lighter skin than my sister, I guess that's why. I am not so sure about Benefit though, I've never tried it yet :D

    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for swatching rubenesque on your lids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really hear that paint pots are love... should try it out sometime...

    how much is a pot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Geli! Yes, I think they are! I used to avoid them since I thought cream formulas are crease-creators, but apparently these kinds of shadows/color pots are perform exactly the opposite function - they prevent creasing and fading!

    Paintpots - P1,100 @ MAC =)

    ReplyDelete